PDA

View Full Version : DRAGON upgrade and continuous warranty.

D Anderson
10-01-2013, 06:21 AM
I asked the question of my BOMB squad rep but didnít get an reply yet.

Would a newly purchased EPIC M still have the remainder of it's 4 year warranty (2 +armor) in place AFTER a Dragon upgrade?

Thanks

ericyoung
10-01-2013, 07:09 AM
As I recall, the camera will have the full remaining warranty, but the Dragon sensor itself and associated boards will only have the limited warranty of 90 days I think. But confirm with Red Bomb Squad Rep.

D Anderson
10-01-2013, 07:49 AM
confirm with Red Bomb Squad Rep.

Put email in around a week ago. No reply yet.

90 days warranty on some key components is a significant de-motivator to purchasing any new RED camera with short/medium term plans to upgrade.

Mike Phipps
10-01-2013, 08:22 AM
In our discussions with our bomb squad rep, our rep re-assured us that if you had red armor on your camera that the remaining length of the extended warranty was transferred to the dragon sensor upon upgrade. We specifically purchased the Red Armor on our new epics under this expectation.

There is no official FAQ/website posting for this info, but our rep quoted some internal memo stating this very point.

Keegan@Netflix
10-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I will touch base with your Rep but until then let me address your concern. We will be pushing updates through to our FAQ shortly that will help clear up these questions.

To benefit the customer we have decided to honor both existing warranty and RED Armor coverage to Dragon Upgrades.

Meaning if you don’t have RED Armor but still have a remaining balance of your standard warranty your Dragon Warranty will be covered for the remaining balance if longer than 90 days.

If you have RED Armor then the Dragon Upgrade your upgrade will be covered under the Armor Warranty period.

If your standard warranty is no longer valid and you do not have RED Armor your Upgrade will be covered by the standard 90 days.

Hopefully that clears some things up.

Put email in around a week ago. No reply yet.

90 days warranty on some key components is a significant de-motivator to purchasing any new RED camera with short/medium term plans to upgrade.

D Anderson
10-01-2013, 08:27 AM
In our discussions with our bomb squad rep, our rep re-assured us that if you had red armor on your camera that the remaining length of the extended warranty was transferred to the dragon sensor upon upgrade. We specifically purchased the Red Armor on our new epics under this expectation.

There is no official FAQ/website posting for this info, but our rep quoted some internal memo stating this very point.

You would think that would be the case but as you say, there is no official word. I will try another email to the BOMB REP.

D Anderson
10-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I will touch base with your Rep but until then let me address your concern. We will be pushing updates through to our FAQ shortly that will help clear up these questions.

To benefit the customer we have decided to honor both existing warranty and RED Armor coverage to Dragon Upgrades.

Meaning if you donít have RED Armor but still have a remaining balance of your standard warranty your Dragon Warranty will be covered for the remaining balance if longer than 90 days.

If you have RED Armor then the Dragon Upgrade your upgrade will be covered under the Armor Warranty period.

If your standard warranty is no longer valid and you do not have RED Armor your Upgrade will be covered by the standard 90 days.

Thanks that clears things up!

I also asked my REP to confirm: would an EPIC M purchased now with a Dragon upgrade be delivered ahead of all straight out Dragon purchase? From what I read M upgrades ship first but I wanted to confirm that prior to order.

KETCH ROSSi
10-01-2013, 09:06 AM

Meaning if you don’t have RED Armor but still have a remaining balance of your standard warranty your Dragon Warranty will be covered for the remaining balance if longer than 90 days.

There you go... What is not to love about this company?!?!?

DJ Meyer
10-01-2013, 11:59 AM

This is great.

Troy Bakewell
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Boy. I don't know.

This seems kinda like bad news to me. I just assumed that upgrading your camera gave you a new warranty.

Doesn't make nearly as much sense to me now to upgrade.

For example. If I were to trade my Scarlet in for Epic then Epic Dragon all at once for $19k I only get a 90 day warranty? But if I sell my Scarlet brain used and Buy a new Epic Dragon X for $24k I get a full warranty. Surely a used Scarlet brain is worth $5k.

Seems to be that that is the better oprion.

What am I missing here?

Keegan@Netflix
10-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Troy,

Just to clarify if you trade in your Scarlet for EPIC you get a new one year standard warranty for that new camera. If you then upgrade to Dragon and you still have your standard warranty in place your Dragon upgrade will be covered for the rest of the warranty period or 90 days (meaning if your warranty has expired then you will at least have 90 days of coverage).

We are also offering "UPGRADE ARMOR" which is an extended warranty program dedicated to protecting you and your DRAGON-upgraded DSMC brain for up to one (1) year. Upon purchasing, the Upgrade Armor replaces your ninety (90) day Sensor Upgrade Standard Warranty, giving you a total of one (1) year protection for your DSMC brain and RED DRAGON sensor upgrade. Must be purchased before your RED DRAGON upgrade is invoiced.

Again we try to tailor these programs to benefit the customer as much as possible, of course there will be certain scenario we cant account for but this program and the decision to roll up the Dragon under existing warranty was to benefit customers and their investment.

Thanks,

Keegan

Boy. I don't know.

This seems kinda like bad news to me. I just assumed that upgrading your camera gave you a new warranty.

Doesn't make nearly as much sense to me now to upgrade.

For example. If I were to trade my Scarlet in for Epic then Epic Dragon all at once for $19k I only get a 90 day warranty? But if I sell my Scarlet brain used and Buy a new Epic Dragon X for $24k I get a full warranty. Surely a used Scarlet brain is worth $5k.

Seems to be that that is the better oprion.

What am I missing here?

Chad Lancaster
10-01-2013, 09:15 PM
is that upgrade armor in the store?

Keegan@Netflix
10-01-2013, 09:21 PM
No your Bomb Squad Rep can help you set this up we will also send a reminder email as we start getting in the full swing of things with the Upgrade Program.

is that upgrade armor in the store?

Chad Lancaster
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks

Robert Cook
10-01-2013, 09:30 PM
There you go... What is not to love about this company?!?!? +1, great to hear this!

Sebastian Moretto
10-02-2013, 12:37 AM

Meaning if you donít have RED Armor but still have a remaining balance of your standard warranty your Dragon Warranty will be covered for the remaining balance if longer than 90 days.

That is GREAT news. This was a bit of a concern for me but that's now gone. Thanks! Way to go, RED!

Troy Bakewell
10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I understand. Great news.

Sulekh Suman
10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
That's a very nice gesture from Red. Thank you.

Curran Giddens
10-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Great news about the upgrade armor!