PDA

View Full Version : DV Magazine... Bad Info?

Ethan Cooper
04-06-2008, 09:36 AM
DV Magazine says that Red will be selling Scarlet at NAB with the initial 100 Red One owners having the first shot at it. Are they running bad info? Talk amongst yourselves.
________
Mercury commuter specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_Commuter)

David S.
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
How would DV Magazine know?

And how would we know whether it was bad info?

Is this the April issue?

John Caballero
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I guess that is the business they are in: information. Although I am no fan of certain types of journalism, and I am a journalist myself, a publication like that should have the ability to be on the inside track. Otherwise they could not compete and be influential in the business. But of course, they could be speculating also.

Ethan Cooper
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
It's the April 14th issue.
I thought the first 100 Red Owners idea was thrown out there early on and then had been shot down. Did I imagine that?
________
BEST PORTABLE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

David S.
04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Ethan:

If this is correct, I wish there was some mention of feature set, form factor and price for a turnkey cam.

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 10:04 AM
well ... considering that Jim posted last week that they would not be taking reservations for anything at NAB - I would consider it incorrect -

Ethan Cooper
04-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Mark - How do you run a successful business and still seemingly have all the time in the world to post in Reduser? I'm amazed at how you can pull that off.

Oh, and I think DV Magazine is wrong too from what I've been reading from the Red Team lately.
________
Ferrari f355 history (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F355)

John Caballero
04-06-2008, 10:12 AM
It is funny how people that plunked down $30,000 or more on a new top of the line cinema camera would be so obsessive on buying a new “pocket camera” in a low price range with no knowledge of it whatsoever. It is truly amazing how the human brain works. For goodness sake, let the people with a little less money in their pocket and big dreams have a crack at it first.

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Mark - How do you run a successful business and still seemingly have all the time in the world to post in Reduser? I'm amazed at how you can pull that off.

well ... I am always multi-tasking - and on a computer for an average of 11-12 hours a day - 6 days a week -

ichatting with Ian Bloom right now ...

I Bloom
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Mark,

Get off the phone dude, I need to ask you a question!! What do you think this is the weekend?

Ian

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Mark,

Get off the phone dude, I need to ask you a question!!

Ian

LOL!

I need a better pipe at home - iChat keeps choking while I Skype!! And I am soooooo over my Blackberry piece of #$@&!! But holding on for the 3G iPhone -

I Bloom
04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
LOL!

I need a better pipe at home - iChat keeps choking while I Skype!!

I've been telling you Reduser is as good as Ichat.

Harry Clark
04-06-2008, 10:50 AM
When he's not giving evening presentations, that is!
Mark, again, nice to meet you the other night and well done. You are right; there is too much misinformation about the Red camera so I think it behooves all of us to continue to host, attend and help those types of presentations.
BTW, the filmout looked very nice, especially when considering it was "quick and dirty" in your words, and with early cameras and little lighting. Well done.
Cheers,
Harry

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 10:54 AM
When he's not giving evening presentations, that is!
Mark, again, nice to meet you the other night and well done. You are right; there is too much misinformation about the Red camera so I think it behooves all of us to continue to host, attend and help those types of presentations.
BTW, the filmout looked very nice, especially when considering it was "quick and dirty" in your words, and with early cameras and little lighting. Well done.
Cheers,
Harry

thanks Harry - I got some nice current stuff screening in 4K on Tuesday at NAB in the Content theatre - you coming to Vegas?

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I've been telling you Reduser is as good as Ichat.

I gotta say - Skype is the best. Kicks iChats ass. Especially the video chat. I am become slowly hooked on Skype -

Harry Clark
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I wish I could go to NAB...
Naw, I'm a workin' man. Three different shoots here in NY. Let me know if something screens here after...
Yes, Skype is great... LOVE Skypeout when I'm traveling overseas...
Cheers,
Harry

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I wish I could go to NAB...
Naw, I'm a workin' man. Three different shoots here in NY. Let me know if something screens here after...
Yes, Skype is great... LOVE Skypeout when I'm traveling overseas...
Cheers,
Harry

Will keep you posted - after NAB will be shooting out new 4K material on a few different recorders and film stocks - we should connect more often - maybe we should form some sort of serious NYC Red User Group ...?

I Bloom
04-06-2008, 11:17 AM
maybe we should form some sort of serious NYC Red User Group ...?

No maybe...definitely.

Ian

ScottPictures
04-06-2008, 12:09 PM
well ... considering that Jim posted last week that they would not be taking reservations for anything at NAB - I would consider it incorrect -

Exactly, they are going to be Selling SCARLET.

Harry Clark
04-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, I think that would be great... maybe a monthly meeting? Screenings? Tests?
Harry

Paul Hazlett
04-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Exactly, they are going to be Selling SCARLET.

Mr. Jannard has said at different times they will not be selling anything at NAB
and that Current Red owners would get first crack at the little lady but, as you well know things change....count on it.

Mark L. Pederson
04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, I think that would be great... maybe a monthly meeting? Screenings? Tests?
Harry

Okay Harry, you Ian and I need to huddle and cook it up.

Once a month meetings. Very soon - we'll have a 35 seat theatre at the new Offhollywood - will work dandy for a venue.

Let's have lunch after NAB and make it all official. I am only interested if it is a serious, pro thing and we do it right. Been to one to many "user group" meetings in my day -

Harry Clark
04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Agreed. Call anytime!
Harry

Andrew Benz
04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Mr. Jannard has said at different times they will not be selling anything at NAB
and that Current Red owners would get first crack at the little lady but, as you well know things change....count on it.

Paul, that is how I remember it as well.

Hope all is well in Philly, I am headed up to Wilmington, Dover and Rehoboth Beach in June, it's been a while.

Cheers,

Andrew