PDA

View Full Version : First video of Scarlet leaked!

Evin Grant
04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
http://io9.com/378061/fashion-model-clobbers-ninjas-++-but-what-is-it-about?autoplay=true

Peter Majtan
04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Dude, that is definitely where I've parked my car...

No, seriously, have You consider something like this:

The TV series named "Scarlet" is launched almost at the same time as the camera of the same name. If You read the review - apparently there is a "guy screaming on the telephone that "she" is going to change television" (Something camera Scarlet could actually do!) and the whole show "seems little odd" for a "normal" TV series - just a bunch of great shots having Scarlet doing million different things - sounds like best way to show of the new camera...

I would not be surprised if the series was produced by Jim, shot exclusively on Scarlet 2K and used as a revolutionary marketing campaign to promote the camera - the best way to sell something new (seeing = believing)...

So Your "joke" could be more true that You may have realized...

We will see soon enough...

PS: Checkout her eyes - looks familiar???

Dylan Reeve
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Very funny...

Although coincidentally I just got emailed this link which I think is very probably a leaked video in relation to Scarlet!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Peter Majtan
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Very funny...

Although coincidentally I just got emailed this link which I think is very probably a leaked video in relation to Scarlet!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Dude, that's awesome!!! I'm sure it will get pulled of YouTube in no time, my bet is that Jim is on the phone to YouTube right about now...
:innocent:

Evin Grant
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
You just got Rickrolled!

johannperry
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
This looks like another inspired piece of marketing from Red to me. Just look at the type face too. All looks too familiar to come from anywhere other than Red. It makes me chuckle to think what fun these guys are having.

Peter Majtan
04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
This looks like another inspired piece of marketing from Red to me. Just look at the type face too. All looks too familiar to come from anywhere other than Red. It makes me chuckle to think what fun these guys are having.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymen!!!

John Caballero
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
A little too weird ain’t it Peter? Does Mr. Grant know a bit more and would like to let us in on it? Hum… Red has shared its technology early on with extremely well known industry insiders prior to officially introducing their products.

PaulD
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Interesting. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spBM4OKYIXk

The following is said:
-She comes out of nowhere
-Can't get close to her
-I'm gonna put her into every home on the planet
-She's gonna change TV forever
-She has a secret
-Lots of intrigue, lots of rumors, lots of talk
-The evidence is staring you in the face
-Things are always what they seem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N94utrNFdt4

-Scarlet will be a household name
-It will change how people view entertainment
-Does the red eye have anything to do with it
-We'll just have to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcLYHyF3hTY
She's got a secret
I ask myself is this for real

Evin Grant
04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
If you think that's interesting check out the official site...
http://www.scarletseries.tv/main.aspx?lang=us_en

Kind of a familiar shape, no?

I Bloom
04-09-2008, 11:34 PM
You have to admit there are some amazing steadycam moves in that Rickroll video.

Peter Majtan
04-09-2008, 11:46 PM
If You listen carefully to the trailer - almost every word sounds like RED marketing - even the choice of characters!!!

Voice-Over:
“It’s a real Cinderella story…”
- just like RED's

News-anchor:
“She comes out of nowhere…
...and its like BOOM!!!”
- pretty much what is going to happen at NAB

Voice-Over:
“Hit after Hit, Nomination after Nomination”
- pretty much what is going to happen after NAB

Indie-like looking guy:
“They got her under wraps - I can’t get close to her!”
- sounds like us!!!

Businessman:
“I wanna put her in every home on the planet!”
- sounds like Jim!!!

CEO in a limo:
“What do You mean: She is going to change TV forever!?” (pause) “Well - Find out!!!”
- sounds like SONY

TV show guest (Josh):
“WOW!!!”
- sounds like anyone...

TV show host:
“Are You gonna lust for her Josh?” (not very clear)
- who wouldn't...

Voice-Over:
“Three successful movies in a row…”
- shot on prototype(s)?

Magazine review:
(something about honor, but can't understand)

Voice-Over:
“And thou she has a secret” (pause) “(again I can't understand little) ...to have nothing to find out…”
- what is happening right now...

News-anchor:
“Who is Scarlet? And I mean REAL Scarlet!!!”
- now that is the question!

Man in background:
“Lots of intrigue, lots of rumors, lots of talk…”
- sound like this forum!

Indie-like looking guy:
“Scarlet!!!”

Scarlet (herself):
“The evidence is steering in Your face…”
- most likely the footage in the trailer was shot on Scarlet!

Voice-Over:
“Things aren’t always what they seem…”
- now that is Jim for sure!!!

“Scarlet”
“The Hit New TV Series”

now go figure...
:innocent:

Mr. Guiyotinne
04-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I spy... a Lorem Ipsum

John Caballero
04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
That was the reason I posted. After seeing the site it became kind of stranger. Too much coincidence? Mr. Evin Grant, moderator, do you have some more secret info on this?....

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Ok, stop these already.

We all saw what happened to laguun.

:)

John Caballero
04-10-2008, 12:13 AM
And the fun continues all around the globe! Viva la SCARLET!

Evin Grant
04-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Seriously, I just found this on one of my normal Sci-fi blogs. The only special treatment us mods get is free plutonium top offs ever 5,000,000 frames.:sick:

John Caballero
04-10-2008, 12:46 AM
But of course, Mr. Grant........

Mr. Guiyotinne
04-10-2008, 12:55 AM
The colors and fleshtones in the J Buckley interview look familiar. But it can be me.

Evin, you modest...

Would be great some Tex thrown in there. For ninja battling purposes.

Scott Webster
04-10-2008, 01:06 AM
I believe this is the Scarlet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJWr_Zk1R8) you have been looking for...

Ravell
04-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Very, very interesting. It's pretty obvious it's promotional, but for what?

"It's going to change the way we view entertainment."

"I want one in every home in America."

Sounds more like a set-top box. A Tivo or Apple TV device.

The fact that the promo is titled Scarlet, is released this close to NAB and has all these references to a home entertainment device - too close to be a coincidence - Red must be behind it. But the product doesn't seem to be a camera, it doesn't really fit. The whole production seems to hint that this is a consumer device...and maybe not a camera after all...

Ha ha, I'm having a blast speculating. Thanks for posting this.

Oliver Koeppel
04-10-2008, 02:43 AM
This would have been the best campaigne ever, but I think it´s not RED marketing.
Look at this frame. Our Scarlet will be smaller and hopefully without these ugly filmmags. It´s filmed on 35. Not on Red One, neither on Scarlet.

found here: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4sMnAvXWQ&feature=related

PaulD
04-10-2008, 03:29 AM
I believe this is the Scarlet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJWr_Zk1R8) you have been looking for...

You know that show was called ...

Captain Scarlet and the "Mysterons"

... almost like Mysterium :unsure:

Hrvoje Simic
04-10-2008, 03:42 AM
First Laguun, now you, Evin....while we all know the only leakage from RED that can happen is piping...:tongue:

Johan Malmsten
04-10-2008, 03:54 AM
well... apart from tafkar's findings... I smell a Viral Marketing Camaign since people outside of the red-knowers seems to have any clue about this new hit show...

And... if Jim said it's a camera... I'm going to trust him on his word... "I want one in every home" could suggest a low enough price so as to get pro-style gear to consumer buyers... (that's a leap of faith for me though), and "she's going to change the way we look at television"... I have no real clue on that one... maybeeee.... we are going to once and for all smash the myth that consumer HD won't ever be seen on prime time.

Maybe it's a whole new product range... cameras, recorders, televisions... all pro grade... all accessible for consumers...

or maybe... it's really a TV-show made on 35mm that just happens to be released in conjuncture with the unveiling of the hushed scarlet...

And the Scarlet Thunderburdescue series? that's a weird one... doing a tv show for kids filled with action and lifesized marionettes... talk about "wooden" acting! ;)

Oliver Koeppel
04-10-2008, 04:25 AM
ok, I´ve got it now. This campaign is part of Jims complete hype thing. http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11438
They are filming with scarlet. But they camouflage her with these mags. Everyone will say, look at this incredible quality - 35 is still the best.
When hyping on its zenith, Jim will free the cat named Scarlet.

"Miauu, my name is Red. Scarlet Red!"

Johan Malmsten
04-10-2008, 04:32 AM
ahhh... now you've got an interesting idea...

At the presentation they will pluck out the cameras that they shot Scarlet with... a big bulky 35mm... press a red button, and things just ruptures, cracks and falls off... and inside the steaming pile of longbefore... there stands Tex,looks menacingly at the stunned crowd, roars the the last non-believer to silence, and with an E-E-A-O-Ahhh... it turns into a pocket sized camcorder. Graeme walks in, pokes it with a stick, and being sure that it won't hurt him, he picks it up and welcomes the applause...;)

"More than meets the eye!"

RicanJoe
04-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Could this have been shot on a Scarlet?

Oliver Koeppel
04-10-2008, 04:35 AM
ahhh... now you've got an interesting idea...

At the presentation they will pluck out the cameras that they shot Scarlet with... a big bulky 35mm... press a red button, and things just ruptures, cracks and falls off... and inside the steaming pile of longbefore... there stands Tex,looks menacingly at the stunned crowd, roars the the last non-believer to silence, and with an E-E-A-O-Ahhh... it turns into a pocket sized camcorder. Graeme walks in, pokes it with a stick, and being sure that it won't hurt him, he picks it up and welcomes the applause...;)

"More than meets the eye!"

that´s exactly what I expected. We caught them!!!!

joe 1008
04-10-2008, 06:35 AM
This would have been the best campaigne ever, but I think it´s not RED marketing.
Look at this frame. Our Scarlet will be smaller and hopefully without these ugly filmmags. It´s filmed on 35. Not on Red One, neither on Scarlet.

What about that little thing at the right side of that still that looks like a camera with external LCD monitor??? Scarlet as a B camera???

rascom
04-10-2008, 06:46 AM
haha... From the David Nutter-clip "She´s got this Red eye? Is she a machine or someone´s creation...?" "She mezmerizes her audience. She looks good, she sounds great"... "All I´m gonna say. Just watch closely" And the clip cuts briefly to a view of FCP. Anyone who can make out indicators of ProRes in the FCP timeline?
Mind boggling

Dylan Macleod, CSC
04-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Okay, now you guys have really lost it.

Don't want to burst your bubbles, but this just looks like a really bad TV series!

The director has it listed on his IMDB as a "TV series".

I really don't think RED bribed imdb and the director.

They don't have time to ship cameras out the door fast enough, let alone come up with a campaign like this.

Dylan Macleod
Cinematographer
Toronto, Canada
www.dylanmacleod.com

Johan Malmsten
04-10-2008, 07:47 AM
that is of course... an obvious solution... but...

1. IMDB is run by fans and isn't in any way a foolproof way of judging movie-statuses. They can speculate as much as we can.

2. IMDB is run by fans... again... and every creator gets his following. Releasing anything with a directors name on it and their fans will run to the keyboard and notify IMDB about this new show.

3. No mention is given as to where this show, if real, is to be shown. If it's real, and needs distributing, then that distributor usually shows at leas a logo somewhere in the material released. Where are we supposed to look when april 30th arrives?

4. No logos or anything else is present and this kindof negates a third-party promotioner. This isn't a nike commercial or armani.

5. it does still smell a whole lot like a viral marketing campaign... ;)

6. Remember the Peter Jacksson stunt? Taking a known name and let them do some Test footage, ending up getting a full short... now... they say they evolve. The stunt was successful. So why not evolve it further?

I signed up for newsletters on the site. And I'll be a fool on monday for sure... but hey...
http://phillyist.com/attachments/philly_jim/i-want-to-believe.jpg :)

Eugene
04-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I have a fever for the flavor of Scarlet.
http://www.slingshottshirts.com/images/fever400.JPG
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/-marhari-/MoreCowbell.jpg
Is the cow bell thing still cool? I guess Rick Roll is the new cool thing. Damn, I am so behind the times.

Johan Malmsten
04-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Cowbells? they've been cool since april 23'rd 1907... I doubt they will ever go out of fasion;)

Cowbell SOLO!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Q9ZEdOLSE

Jeff Kilgroe
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
What a conspiracy...

I bet Jim even had those black helicopters repainted a nice scarlet color.

Eric.T
04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
i cant belive it! this is realy crazy.nice marketing ! after watching the trailer again and the interviews im pretty sure that it has to be some kind of viral marketing.why would you be able to change the language on the website for an american tv series ? highend series like lost ,desperate housewife and so on take roughly a year to get translated into german.so it wouldnt make seens to put the webpage in german online if they series would take one year to be shown in germany.

well lets wait a couple of more days ;).

combatentropy
04-11-2008, 12:03 AM
This has all the signs of a fake preview. It's over the top, it's storyline is opaque, even after more than one viewing. It's got to be a marketing thing.

Furthermore, there are many reasons to think it is for Red's Scarlet:

- the timing
- the high production value, befitting a billionaire with friends in Hollywood
- the ninjas (Jim likes ninjas. ("Peter Jackson is a ninja.") And isn't one Red Team member's job title "Red Ninja"?
- "Lots of intrigue. Lots of rumors. Lots of talk." -- Hey! That's us!

John Caballero
04-11-2008, 12:06 AM
and the mystery continues.....

Zack CC
04-11-2008, 05:14 AM
I hope this turns out to be simply a ridiculous coincidence, and this is just a terrible show. The irony there would be... marvelous.

Henk van den Doel
04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
#%^7 me, this is clever stuff. If this is a coincidence I will put my RED One in the blender as soon as it arrives and eat it.

P Andersson
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
love it

Michael Schrengohst
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
The real story:

http://www.cotfl.com/s.jpg

Zach Hilton
04-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Silly. Scarlet is inside of that camera. Kind of like a bose speaker presentation where they have these huge speakers up front, then at a specified time during the presentation they take off the speakers to reveal all that sound was coming from a very small cube! Amazing! :tongue:

Steve Freebairn
04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
You have to admit there are some amazing steadycam moves in that Rickroll video.

That's what I was thinking!

Jeff Kilgroe
04-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Here's some more convincing evidence (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU&feature=related).

robbo
04-11-2008, 08:01 PM
roflmao, Jeff

My first ....

Jeff Kilgroe
04-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Sorry for the RR, but that's how serious I think this thread is. :)

I think this whole Scarlet TV show thing is one of those eerie coincidental events. Like all the "red" products / marketing showing up all over the place the past year or two.

robbo
04-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey, man - np

This be serious alright - love the inferences drawn from the Scarlet vid -
shit, what if it's all true ?

Stick a B4 mount on this baby, Jim.

re\edit: no joking.
Red was for film - Scarlet could be for broadcast.
Implications - I can't even begin to imagine.

(Yet another hopeless fanboy that couldn't make a Red budget work for me, dang it.)

Nother edit: If this cam comes in at hvx price with 2k sensor and B4 mount option then I'm done straight off the blocks - no other cam can touch it.

Jeff Kilgroe
04-12-2008, 01:41 AM
This be serious alright - love the inferences drawn from the Scarlet vid - shit, what if it's all true ?

Heh, it would be cool if it is. And I guess we find out in just a couple days.

robbo
04-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Yup - if Scarlet is what I hope it is ... ok no more from me.

cheers, and I'm kinda happy I was rr by you, lol

divide
04-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Is there any official date for Scarlet announcement at NAB ?

rarthur
04-12-2008, 08:00 AM

found here: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4sMn...eature=related
Attached Images Bild 5.jpg (68.2 KB, 54 views)

....Look closely. There are clues in this clip.... There are obviously two cameras in every shot. The thing is... what what each camera is doing and then wacth the supposed resulting footage.... the footage supposedly shot on the 35mm isn't in there. Also, there are more than two cameras in there. There looksto be a rear magazine 35 in one of the shots (or maybe even 16mm) with another veiled camera in the lower right of that frame. From what I can tell... the action from that shot is shown from the lower right camera's perspective in the "resulting footage" clip... I may be completely off, but it sure seems that way to me....

Jeff Kilgroe
04-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Is there any official date for Scarlet announcement at NAB ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Monday April 14, about 9:00AM PDT.

Paul Lee
04-12-2008, 01:54 PM
rascom-
That's not an FCP timeline- perhaps Avid? (been a while for me)
Interesting/disaponiting use of lorem ipsum in the small type on the preview screen though.

Not one for conspiracies, but this is sort of a strange coincidence.

Douglas Adams: "Coincidences are strange and dangerous things"

JimmyC
04-13-2008, 08:05 AM
It does seem to be blatant viral add. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say red.com is behind it.

Jim

Andrew Benz
04-13-2008, 02:32 PM
It does seem to be blatant viral add. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say red.com is behind it.

Jim

I agree Jim. I will even go so far as too say (given this video is a Rorschach test :) ) that at the 00:14 mark into the video you will see two guys that look similar to Ted(foreground--holding the camera with one hand) and Jarred (behind and much taller) (screen left btw) holding what looks to be DSLRs with flashes. This is the new camera... "it is right in front of your faces".

There are other giveaways...

Steven-Marc C.
04-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Just saw a huuuuuuge poster for this Scarlet tv series along the périphérique here in Paris. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Scarlet is everywhere! :alien:

tweakmanson
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Domain Name: SCARLETSERIES.TV

Registrant: DN Productions C/O Agency.com
488 Madison Avenue
4th floor
New York, NY 10022
US

created by an ad agency.

Andrew Benz
04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Like I said it is all just a big ass Rorschach test until tomorrow.

Edward Bernays would be proud. :-)

Johan Malmsten
04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Soooooo.... What was the truth about the Scarlet TV-show... Coincidence or what? I want to know...:)

Paul Lee
04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Boy, this thread got awfully quite post-NAB/official Scarlet launch. Perhaps it is now off-topic, but any more bright ideas about the show? Big ad in Rolling Stone, again no network advertised. Come on, conspiracy theorists, where are you now?

P Andersson
04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
still a believer in the conspiracy, more fun that way

Peter Majtan
04-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Well - the ad said 04.30.08 - so I guess we will see soon enough...

Maybe they (RED) will start taking orders on that date...

Zack CC
04-21-2008, 03:53 AM
#%^7 me, this is clever stuff. If this is a coincidence I will put my RED One in the blender as soon as it arrives and eat it.

Waste. Instead, send it to me, I could use one for sure. :bleh:

Johan Malmsten
04-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Well - the ad said 04.30.08 - so I guess we will see soon enough...

Maybe they (RED) will start taking orders on that date...

hmmm... I still wonder about this series... no newsletter has arrived in my in-box since I subscribed... at several places I see "this [something] is brought to you by Scarlet, the new hit tv-series"... Still no clue about where one should be looking for the pilot at the given date... slightly over a week from today...

and what's more... Jannard took an official leave of absence from the forum for some time... as I understood it at the time it was because of the rampant noise that was created at NAB and he wanted it to die down a bit to be somewhat more handleable... but... now... the conspiracy theorist does notice that the days around april 30'th would be a logical area of time for him to return... and as a conspiracy theorist... it does seem like an oddly convenient coincidence...

or...

maybe that's what they want us to believe?... :ph34r:

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-22-2008, 06:18 AM
They're advertising these Scarlet series on out TVs too.

It's not a Jim Global Conspiracy.

Lol.

Oliver Koeppel
04-22-2008, 06:28 AM
campaign was made by 7th chamber, an agency specialized on viral marketing. All these speculations are concept. What they didn´t get was this coincedence with our scarlet. It´s funny, but indeed just coincedence.
http://www.the7thchamber.com/

Olli

Mr. Guiyotinne
04-22-2008, 06:33 AM
So it´s a series about a superstar who is a secret agent. Or a robot who is a star and a secret agent. Or an alien.

I hope it´s a comedy.

The thing I like is that making the web page in so many different languages acknowledges the fact that two hours after the premiere it will be available on the internet.

¿Maybe the reason why there is no exhibitor it´s because it will be the first internet series? That would be a big point.

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-22-2008, 06:42 AM
No, I never thought it was.

Just funny coincidence.

And Scarlet isn't really out yet, so there wouldn't be any point.

Johan Malmsten
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
I was wondering about this when even on Dutch TV Scarlet commercials are showing. (because it smelled viral from the day it started). But it's a viral for a new TV serie from LG. (As in models of TVs) Which are coming the end of april.

now that actually seems like a possible candidate for what the truth about this is. Heh... one hell of a coincidence though... All of these red electronic gear popping up... it must be the work of the Sovjets... capitalizing on the success of the red-team... those commie bastards...:wink:

official word coming next week then... And I was hoping for a big scale promotion campaign for the camera...

Peter Majtan
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I could see a trade mark issue between RED's Scarlet and LG's Scarlet - unless RED is working together with LG and the new TV's will directly support connection from the camera and display the red-code-raw data stream... Now that would be awesome...

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
The series look like complete crap, to be honest.

Peter Majtan
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Except for the gal mate! :innocent:

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Yeah, the gal was appropriate.

GrafxLvr
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
But it's a viral for a new TV serie from LG. (As in models of TVs) Which are coming the end of april.

Yup. It's true. There's an article on Today's edition of The Wall Street Journal talking about the Scarlet Teaser... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120943581503551745.html?mod=hps_us_inside_today

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-29-2008, 03:32 PM
"red back panel"

Weird.

The Illuminati are among us.

Peter Majtan
04-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I bet that all of us who will get Scarlet - the camera, will want to hook it up to Scarlet - the TV and watch on it Your latest creation with Scarlet - the babe...

Of course unless RED comes out with its own RED-LIGHT (projector) or RED-VISION (LCD)...

I'm suddenly getting "RED-VISION" myself...

Oliver Koeppel
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
It´s a fucking TV. Coincidence made us dream. And now we got nothingmore than a tv - But why isn´t it 3k??? That would have been fun...