PDA

View Full Version : RED in Kentucky & Tennesse

dewman
03-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Good day to my RED brothers...I thought I would post a user group which covers KY & TN, since we're not to far from each other. I'm looking to work with other RED heads...if your up for it...let me know.

I'm based out of Lexington, KY...

Dewey (aka dewman)

J.D. Frey
03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
The Dead Workers Party is in Alabama- Not TN or KY but close!

Adam C Lubkin
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm in Maryland, but I grew up in Kentucky and will be shooting there from time to time.

dewman
03-22-2007, 06:15 AM
DWP...we can include bama in here...all SEC brothers are welcomed :).

admal, what part of Maryland? My sister & her husband just built a house in Waldorf...I get up that way quite a bit. I've got a lot of friends via her in the DC/Northern VA area. What part of KY did u grow up in?

Omada
03-22-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm in Nashville. Anyone else??

Adam C Lubkin
03-22-2007, 02:05 PM

admal, what part of Maryland? My sister & her husband just built a house in Waldorf...I get up that way quite a bit. I've got a lot of friends via her in the DC/Northern VA area. What part of KY did u grow up in?

I live in Frederick, a bit north of DC. Drop me a line next time you're around. I grew up in Adair Co. and Casey Co., just south of the middle of Kentucky. I'm currently editing a documentary I shot in Adair County last fall.
Adam

Matthew Rogers
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I am in Knoxville, and I know that there is another guy here who is getting one. The real question is not who's getting a RED, but who's getting some nice Cooke lenses!!!

Matthew

dewman
03-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I live in Frederick, a bit north of DC. Drop me a line next time you're around. I grew up in Adair Co. and Casey Co., just south of the middle of Kentucky. I'm currently editing a documentary I shot in Adair County last fall.Adam

Will do, Adam. It looks like u will be getting your RED before I will, it will give me an excuse to make a trip :). Been to both Adair & Casey counties. Let me know when u have a sample of the doc...would like to take a look.

Hi Matthew - at the moment I will probably rent some nice lenses when needed...this little hobby is getting expensive :huh:

Omada - according to the RED map, there is another member from Nashville, actually I have some friends in Brentwood - I must say I like Nashville.

Adam C Lubkin
03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Will do, Adam. It looks like u will be getting your RED before I will, it will give me an excuse to make a trip :). Been to both Adair & Casey counties. Let me know when u have a sample of the doc...would like to take a look.

Sounds good. Look forward to meeting.

J. Bernard Vallon
03-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey guys,
I'm in maryland as well. Not too far to travel to Kentucky if need be.

No cooke lenses, i'll be packing nikons

J.D. Frey
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM

Thanks! We're in Huntsville so I'm pretty close to the Tenn. border. We plan on some traveling as well.

Anyone planning on getting together once the red is shipped? I think we are going to lock ourselves in a room for about 24 hours.

Clay Morrison
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
SEC? That's me! I'm in Birmingham.

DWP, my family is originally from Huntsville; The government bought their farmland in the 40s to build Redstone Arsenal.

What kind of work to you guys do?

dewman
03-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Actually, I will probably be in Maryland/DC area in Mid April...only for a few days though.

DWP - I'm up for getting together with any RED owner...I think the more the bettter, I can say I'm not an expert...but I think we can all share in our knowledge and skill sets.

Morrisonpro - I do just about any kind of work...mainly consult with start up companies in organizing their sales operations. Also, consult in web and ODLS (on demand learning systems)...got into this whole video world about 4 years ago as a result of investing in a start up company....bought a DVX100a, learned hands on; additonally assimilated knowledge on editing..etc.

Then I was bittin' by a RED spider :))

Adam C Lubkin
03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Actually, I will probably be in Maryland/DC area in Mid April...only for a few days though.

PM sent

dewman
03-28-2007, 02:44 PM
PM sent

reply sent

Steve Tammi
03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
RED #017 will be based in Memphis. I noticed on the map there is another Memphis RED as well. I have a line up of people interested in seeing the camera in action. I am up for networking with anyone especially fellow RED owners.

Steve

J.D. Frey
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
SEC? That's me! I'm in Birmingham.

DWP, my family is originally from Huntsville; The government bought their farmland in the 40s to build Redstone Arsenal.

What kind of work to you guys do?

We try to stick to creative stuff- shorts, comedy, etc. We've shot some EPK for a decent sized movie- even had a few sag actors, but we're a small art house basically trying to gear up for some serious green screen shooting with the red.
We try to stay creative, but sometimes you have to pay the bills. :)

J.D. Frey
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
DWP - I'm up for getting together with any RED owner...I think the more the bettter, I can say I'm not an expert...but I think we can all share in our knowledge and skill sets.

We need to put together an east coast REDFest and see how much 4k horsepower we can get in one place. ;)

Adam C Lubkin
03-28-2007, 07:18 PM
We need to put together an east coast REDFest and see how much 4k horsepower we can get in one place. ;)

Sounds like a good time. Can't let those LA people have all the fun.

Jim Exton
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
RED #017 will be based in Memphis. I noticed on the map there is another Memphis RED as well. I have a line up of people interested in seeing the camera in action. I am up for networking with anyone especially fellow RED owners.

Steve

I sent you a PM.

Kyle Spicer
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Nashville Here as well!

Frank Weeks
05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
You can add the tri-cities to the list as well.

Frank Weeks
Johnson City, TN
red#852

Matt Garrett
05-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't have a red reservation but i go home to bowling green, ky quite a bit.

Andrew Benz
08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Well since someone said all in the SEC are welcome.... I am the only RED owner in Arkansas so far (that will change quickly I am sure) and I will also have the #24 Mirus MOCO Head among a slew of other great kit over the nex ten months.

Based in Little Rock.

Evan Owen
08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Well since someone said all in the SEC are welcome.... I am the only RED owner in Arkansas so far (that will change quickly I am sure) and I will also have the #24 Mirus MOCO Head among a slew of other great kit over the nex ten months.

Based in Little Rock.

Andrew, I'll be near Hot Springs, AR soon.

Just wondering, but are you planning on making your RED kit available for renting?

Brian Reisdorf
12-04-2007, 12:01 PM
We have a Red One currently in hand in Nashville, TN and will be finalizing rental terms and conditions this week for those interested in the area.

Lexicon
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Once I get a RED One (or whatever is out from RED when I'm ready to buy), I'll definitely be doing testing in TN, specifically in the Smokies, as that's where much of my family is. I've already got a long list of places I'm gonna shoot and whatnot. :biggrin: