PDA

View Full Version : Oh Ye of little faith...

rarthur
04-15-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm a bit disturbed by so many borderline hostile comments being made about Scarlet. Jim has said that Scarlet is a PROFESSIONAL camera! DO you guys really think that he doesn't know what professional means? How much R&D have you guys invested in the last 3 years?

The fact of the matter is that there isn't a whole lot of purpose for interchangeable lenses on a 2/3" camera aside from looking cool. And before I get an onslaught of retorts.... I know that it gives you a little more flexibility and control, but there is also the possiblility of putting the wrong glass on a 2/3" camera and ending up with crap. Not to mention the fact that the current lenses being manufactured for 2/3" cameras are expensive!

Where I too sometimes fall into the category of wanting prime lenses all the time, we have to realize that the right lens made for the sensor on a camera like this is going to give excellent images! No one else is making anything close and it falls into the $3,000 range! This camera is meant to satisfy filmmakers whose budgets don't support the Red One.

So sit back, relax, let the experts do what they do best and enjoy the incredible images people are going to be making with the fixed lens on this camera while you're still looking for a relay lens for the HPX500.... or go ahead and go buy an HPX500! It has a 2/3" censor and interchangeable lenses.... and it's about $10,000 right now! That what you guys said you'd pay, correct? Or do you want a good lens made for the sensor to which it's attatched with unparalleled information coming out of it?

MistahTibbs
04-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Or do you want a good lens made for the sensor to which it's attatched with unparalleled information coming out of it?

Hear, hear!

MT