PDA

View Full Version : Upgradeable?

Joseph Ward
04-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi! Just want to say I love Scaret and want to own one. I just want to know if it is upgradeable like Red One/Epic? Thankx:detective2:

Cory Mitchell
04-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I was just about to ask this myself. I was wondering if was mentioned anywhere whether or not the sensor was upgradeable?

Either way, the Red Team kicks everyone elses' trash, I'm just curious.

brandon thomas
04-15-2008, 03:47 PM
the other cameras are definitely upgradeable it seems.. but i wouldn't be too surprised if the upgrade path for scarlet was more limited.

dieseljunkie
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
People... are you asking for a 3k sensor to be upgradeable? Really... the camera isn't even out yet and people already want to upgrade.

I think this one is future proof for another 5 years or so. You are lucky when the client or customers can watch your footage in 1080p. Most content is still seen in SD or 720p for television. And that won't change soon.

kmikami
04-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, this whole Scarlet thing is getting a little long in the tooth. It will be obsolete in a few more minutes. Let's hope a big upgrade is on the horizon. :usd:

Cory Mitchell
04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have explained. I wasn't asking for a feature, I was just curious if I missed whether or not it was noted, since I also missed where the price was listed (I couldn't find it on the red.com page, but have since watched an interview with Ted from camcorderinfo.com).

Talk about future proofing, the Epic at 5k, has a replaceable sensor. These guys are crazy cool.

Keep up the good work Red.