PDA

View Full Version : How about a 35mm Adapter by Red

RedRocks
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Maybe Red can make their own 35mm adapter for Scarlet. Last thing I'd want to do is purchase an adapter from a third party... I've tried one of the popular 35mm adapters out there before and couldn't stand it. Red could perfect their own, sell it as an accessory to the Scarlet, then everybody wins :)

Tom Lowe
04-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Better yet, build a sub-$10K camera with a 35mm-size chip and 2K resolution and cut out the stupid middle man - aka, the adapater.

Peter Majtan
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Better yet, build a sub-$10K camera with a 35mm-size chip and 2K resolution and cut out the stupid middle man - aka, the adapater.

Why would You go down to 2K when $3K Scarlet is 3K already?
But I agree a camera positioned between Scarlet & RED ONE would be great.
"RUBY" or "MAROON" 3K with 35mm-sized Mysterium-X and interchangeable lens mounts (Canon, Nikon, etc...) for about $7K. Hmmmmmm....

:devil:

Edit:

But RED adapter would be a "cheap" solution...

Radoslav Karapetkov
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
That would make absolutely NO sense at all. To build a workaround for their own camera :).

Scarlet is 16mm, RED One is 35mm, i can't see how Scarlet could really threaten RED One. Does 16mm threaten 35mm?

And the under 10k crowd can't afford a RED anyway, they can't be "lost".

Dunno.

Ameer Azari
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I just want good depth of FIELD!

and audio

ArthurG
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Stop talking DOF ! 2/3 is enough if you know your job. Most movies where shot with 2/3 cams.
And Jim said that Scarlet will have 2 audio chanels.

Lawrence Bansbach
04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I just want good depth of FIELD!

and audioYou mean shallow depth of field. While selective focus is useful, the emphasis placed on it here is at times excessive. Coming from a film background where high-speed lenses yielded DOFs measurable in a few inches, I can tell you I often wished for a deeper DOF.

Ameer Azari
04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I mean Shallow DOF and I'm not saying that RED haven't delivered, my wording was poor, basically, I AM A HAPPY MAN

2 Audio channels, good lens, 3K for $3K on CF cards, what more could you actually ask for? Seriously, you could shoot an Indie film with this thing, I AM DEFINITELY GETTING TWO!!!