PDA

View Full Version : Any idea about the MPx (MegaPixells) for stills?

Peter Majtan
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Does anyone have "confirmed" (read - no speculated) info how many MPx (MegaPixells) will Scarlet support in "STILL" mode?

Justin K Phillips
04-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, this is sort of speculative, but is probably pretty close. 16:9 3k would be 3072x1728 pixels. 3072 * 1728 = 5,308,416 pixels. So, right around five megapixels.

John Caballero
04-15-2008, 03:28 PM
That's pretty good I say.

Peter Majtan
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
I would like to see at least 10MPx... :poster_oops:

michael zaletel
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Quick question. I have a 10.1 MP Canon Rebel XTi with some good glass and the images from that are SIGNIFICANTLY sharper, deeper, better tonal range and color than any sample footage (stills) I've seen from the Red One. I realize one is a still and one a motion camera, but I'm just curious why no one has been able to produce a single still image that compares to an "out-of-the-box" Rebel XTi image using even the best Zeiss lens and lighting conditions. Seems like file size in pixels is being confused with resolution, depth and tonal quality.

If someone has a still to prove me wrong, please post it here...I really want to believe the RED can give me better stills with same glass than my XTi.

-shooter

Peter Majtan
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Quick question. I have a 10.1 MP Canon Rebel XTi with some good glass and the images from that are SIGNIFICANTLY sharper, deeper, better tonal range and color than any sample footage (stills) I've seen from the Red One. I realize one is a still and one a motion camera, but I'm just curious why no one has been able to produce a single still image that compares to an "out-of-the-box" Rebel XTi image using even the best Zeiss lens and lighting conditions. Seems like file size in pixels is being confused with resolution, depth and tonal quality.

If someone has a still to prove me wrong, please post it here...I really want to believe the RED can give me better stills with same glass than my XTi.

-shooter

Well - first post Your still so the others have something to compete with... :innocent:

Peter Majtan
04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
That is not to say You are right or wrong...