PDA

View Full Version : "Look" Files...

Zach Hilton
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if it will be possible to establish a look on your computer of how you want everything shot on the RED, then take those over via USB or SD card. For example, you take a reference shot with the RED, and in a program (Redcine?) you have the same controls and settings you do on the camera, and then tweak the settings until you have the desired look. Save those settings and import them into camera. This would be helpful and will speed up the process of fine tuning what you want a shot to look like. After shooting with the Cinealta F900, it was kind of a pain to navigate through the menus and tweak my settings. Just curious if this will be possible.

Reference Mike's Diagram in this thread...
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48&page=15

Graeme Nattress
03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
That is the plan.

Graeme

Michael Schrengohst
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Many of the higher end digital cams have this function.
You should be able to bring a bunch of scene files
and play with the look to see what works.
This will help those clients (and maybe yourself) who cannot
visualize great ideas.

Zach Hilton
03-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Many of the higher end digital cams have this function.
You should be able to bring a bunch of scene files
and play with the look to see what works.
This will help those clients (and maybe yourself) who cannot
visualize great ideas.

Thanks for the reply Graeme.
Yes I agree. I don't have so much a problem with lack of visualization, but more so with clients, like you said, who can't visualize what it's going to look like. I've been working in production and post for some time to be able to recognize and visualize. This feature would also be nice because it would speed up the time consuming and costly testing that goes on in pre-production...instant test results in field of post color treatments and the sort...I like that idea A LOT.