PDA

View Full Version : Dragon V2 OLPF plus REDlink with Fool Control

Giles Harvey
08-12-2014, 02:18 AM
So Recently I used my dragon in a studio environment to shoot a sports promo using EF glass on the movi with fool control pulling focus. It wasn't without hitch but the fool control is going to be a great way for budget focus control and beyond. I have been testing the iphone app. which works really well for controlling everything on the camera with focus being added in due course.
I know we had a lot of light in the shot but the 6k was transcoded without any NR and as has been previously mentioned on other threads, you have to know your camera regardless of what it is. The blacks are clean as. All shot around 1000 iso

https://vimeo.com/101160931

If it wasn't for the my teradek being useless my Focus puller could have worked at the back of the studio off a good monitor.

Mike Gailing
08-12-2014, 09:39 AM
So Recently I used my dragon in a studio environment to shoot a sports promo using EF glass on the movi with fool control pulling focus. It wasn't without hitch but the fool control is going to be a great way for budget focus control and beyond. I have been testing the iphone app. which works really well for controlling everything on the camera with focus being added in due course.
I know we had a lot of light in the shot but the 6k was transcoded without any NR and as has been previously mentioned on other threads, you have to know your camera regardless of what it is. The blacks are clean as. All shot around 1000 iso

https://vimeo.com/101160931

If it wasn't for the my teradek being useless my Focus puller could have worked at the back of the studio off a good monitor.

Hey Giles,

Sorry to hear that the Bolt wasn't working out for you. Based on that picture, it looks like the top cap where the antennas are located is being blocked by the MoVI's top handle. This will certainly cut down on the range and resilience of any transmission out of the unit. If you can prop the unit up a little further to clear the cap then it should work a lot better.