PDA

View Full Version : Fan cover or am I crazy

Russ Fill
08-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Has anyone come up with a protective way to prevent dust, water and what ever is floating around the camera while shooting to prevent it from going in to the camera? And still allow the proper air to be sucked in to keep things cool.

I shoot a lot of table top work at times with water, dust smoke and effects and in some pretty harsh environment and wish I could have some deflector or pice of filter to prevent any thing getting sucked in to the fan/s chamber while shooting. And still have the bear camera to keep it easy to work with. This doesn't need to be there all the time just when we are dusting up or splashing up something or working in the desert and its always blowing dust at us..

Or maybe Im overthinking this because the fan chamber is separate from the rest of the camera and should only pack a second set of fans just incase.

Mikael Lubtchansky
08-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Yes afaik the fan corridor is separated from the camera electronic.

You can always remove your fan(s) and spray some dry air into it to clean the dust...

Terry VerHaar
08-16-2014, 08:03 AM
Or maybe Im overthinking this because the fan chamber is separate from the rest of the camera and should only pack a second set of fans just incase.

This. :smiley:[/URL][URL="http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"] (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/)

Russ Fill
08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks for that Mikael. Im more concerned about the cooling fins/heat transfer getting something that starts to corrode or gum up and slowly start not being as efficient as needed...

Phil Holland
08-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks for that Mikael. Im more concerned about the cooling fins/heat transfer getting something that starts to corrode or gum up and slowly start not being as efficient as needed...

Depending on how much I'm shooting and where I usually blow mine out about once a month.

Like all things related to camera gear, maintained gear performs better and lasts longer.

If you did a shoot for example near the ocean, that's a gig I would blow out the fans right afterwards due to sand particles. Which are a bigger concern for lenses really.

Joel Arvidsson
08-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Red sould do a video on this.

SUNILPREM
08-17-2014, 03:29 AM

Yes +1 for this

Tommaso Alvisi
08-17-2014, 11:22 AM

I agree 100%!!!!

Elsie N