PDA

View Full Version : These dirty words (short 7 min film on dragon)

Robert Berger
08-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Shot this short movie only with the Samyang/Rokinon 35mm ! The bookscene's where shot with a full (1) blackpromis and combined with a 1/2 warm promist, 1/24 shutterspeed. The bedscenes where shot without any filters on a 1/48 shutterspeed and no make-up for the actors to make a big different between the scenes. It is a 7 minut Romantic Comedy and you can see it in HD or 4K here at youtube. Shot on my Red Dragon (new OLPF V2) in 6K 2.4:1 Have fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-F08ilA-A

New showreel on www.camlight.nl

Peter Hodgins
08-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Excellent, very well done!

Robert Berger
08-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Thank you Peter!

Eric Santiago
08-31-2014, 10:28 PM
That was fun :)

Robert Berger
08-31-2014, 10:40 PM
That was fun :)

Thank you Eric!

Sebastien I Scandiuzzi
09-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi Robert, fun story! I have a question about the skin tone if you don't mind. I felt the guys skin tone was a bit magenta, but I am viewing this online (4K though) so it could be the compression. I felt the skin tone on her when she gets mad towards the end was really nice however. Or was it a color grade choice?

Thanks, and well done!

Michael Tiemann
09-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Hi Robert, fun story! I have a question about the skin tone if you don't mind. I felt the guys skin tone was a bit magenta, but I am viewing this online (4K though) so it could be the compression. I felt the skin tone on her when she gets mad towards the end was really nice however. Or was it a color grade choice?

Thanks, and well done!

What I saw was that when the bedroom (tungsten) lights were turned out, there was lots of blue fill, signifying night. My guess is that the blue "night" lights were on continuously, rather that only switched on as the tungsten light was turned off. This could lead to the magenta hue.

I'm discovering for myself that mixing daylight-balanced sources and tungsten balanced sources can often lead to strange hues. It's one thing to throw a splash of color via a rim light, but competing fill and key colors don't always resolve together well.

All that aside--it was a fun film to watch and well done!

David Battistella
09-01-2014, 05:49 AM
Nice work.

Like the lip sync in the dream scenes. :)
Nice relationship between them as well.

Battistella