PDA

View Full Version : STEADICAM MONITOR / EPIC DRAGON ISSUE - NO SIGNAL

NOSA OBAYIUWANA
08-31-2014, 07:23 PM
I really hope someone can help me with this. I am testing a Steadicam with the Epic Dragon and can't seem to get a signal to the steadicam monitor. I am on the new build 5.2.28 and the Steadicam is a Zephyr monitor model number V-LCD70KHB-3GSDI.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR:

1. I have enabled the Red's SDI function several times
2. I have rebooted the Red after doing the above
3. I have tried the front and rear SDI on the sled
4. I have tried it in 720p and 1080p
5. I have tried enabling the SDI and the Brain HDMI (someone on one of the threads advised this but I got no joy)

I have read both the Steadicam manual and the Red manual - and steadicam say the monitor should detect the signal and switch automatically. The Steadicam monitor says it is receiving no signal.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Wil Wong
08-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 3GSDI different from HDSDI? Are they backwards compatible?

Isaac Marchionna
08-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Check your cable to make sure it's 3GSDI.

NOSA OBAYIUWANA
08-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks .... will check

dj ditt
08-31-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm guessing you have already tried switching your output frequency from auto to 59.94hz, 30hz, ect? I would try all combos in both 720 & 1080. I have noticed some monitors will work with the auto setting, some need to be pretty specific.

Tom Wills
08-31-2014, 11:26 PM
A few things to check. First of all, the 2 BNC ports on the sled go to different outputs. The one on the back of the stage goes down and through the 6 pin Hirose connector on the bottom (the connector that carries power and video through a Y-Cable to the monitor). The front BNC is connected to the BNC on the front of the Zephyr sled base. The port on the back of the stage should theoretically carry HD, but the 6 pin Hirose connector on the base isn't rated for it, so I wouldn't chance using it (even though some do without issue).

First thing I would try is running into the front BNC, then running a short BNC from the base BNC connector to the HDSDI Input on the monitor (separate from all the other BNCs, towards the bottom of the monitor - make sure you're going in the input obviously!). If that does not work, and the camera works on other monitors, the SDI board on that monitor may be bad. I've seen them go from time to time. Test it with another HD-SDI capable camera, and see if that works.

NOSA OBAYIUWANA
08-31-2014, 11:53 PM
I really appreciate this everyone... this is why this forum is so useful

Will Turner
09-01-2014, 12:42 AM
I agree with DJ, when in doubt always switch to 720p

NOSA OBAYIUWANA
09-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Just sorted the problem. Don't really know what happened... rebooted at different location and everything worked.

Thanks everyone for your help.