PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet to Epic Dragon Upgrades

Ben Hasic
09-09-2014, 05:19 AM
Anyone received a Scarlet to Epic Dragon Upgrade yet? Waiting on word for a while, and wanted to see if any are rolling out yet?

Ben

Alessandro Dominici
09-09-2014, 07:23 AM
"Unfortunately we do not have an update as to when the SCARLET to EPIC DRAGON upgrade will begin.
As soon as I have more information I will provide you with an update. My apologies I could not be of more help at this time.
Best regards"

Nope
This is the reply from Red of few days ago...
Alessandro

joey richey
09-09-2014, 08:59 AM
is this in reference to scarlet-X to epic dragon or scarlet dragon to epic dragon?

Eric Santiago
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
There is no Scarlet X Dragon to EPIC Dragon I do believe.

Vincent Accardi
09-09-2014, 11:22 AM
if you're going from scarlet to epic dragon, your best bet to get epic dragon quicker is to talk to your rep to go: scarlet to epic to epic dragon as red is filling epic to epic dragon orders before scarlet to epic dragon orders.

Kemalettin Sert
09-09-2014, 11:27 AM
i did scarlet to epic and now time to upgrade dragon in this month..

Michael Patterson
09-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Anyone know when the Scarlet to Scarlet Dragon path will start?

Ben Hasic
09-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Scarlet-X to Epic Dragon.

I got a similar reply too, Alessandro.

Vincent, I ordered the Scarlet-X to Epic Dragon upgrade the day it went up, so over a year ago now. Didn't want to go to Epic, then to Epic Dragon since my Scarlet-X gets quite a bit of work, wanted to minimise the downtime.

Happy to wait, just curious if any of these upgrades have started, but it seems that they haven't. I guess I'll sit back for a while and stare at my email until something happens :)

Thanks guys

Vincent Accardi
09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
i did the same (ordered scarlet to epic dragon on april 11th 2013), then spoke to rep a few weeks ago about it and they said it be faster to goto epic first. i'll let you know how quick the turn around is now as i received my epic recently.

-V

Scarlet-X to Epic Dragon.

I got a similar reply too, Alessandro.

Vincent, I ordered the Scarlet-X to Epic Dragon upgrade the day it went up, so over a year ago now. Didn't want to go to Epic, then to Epic Dragon since my Scarlet-X gets quite a bit of work, wanted to minimise the downtime.

Happy to wait, just curious if any of these upgrades have started, but it seems that they haven't. I guess I'll sit back for a while and stare at my email until something happens :)

Thanks guys

Brent Carter
09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
SCARLET M-X to SCARLET DRAGON upgrade orders will begin to be processed before SCARLET M-X to EPIC DRAGON orders. There is no SCARLET DRAGON to EPIC DRAGON option at this time.

NOTE: As others have said, path of SCARLET M-X to EPIC M-X to EPIC DRAGON is there, if you want to go that route.

No ETA's to publish at this time.

Aria Khosravi
09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
As others have said... Going Scarlet to Epic and then Epic to Dragon would be the way to get yours sooner, it's what I and many others around here did and despite ordering late in the game (early May 2014, a day or so after I got my Epic from the Scarlet trade in), and I got mine back Dragonized last week.

Ben Hasic
09-11-2014, 06:11 PM
So...any cost difference in upgrading from Scarlet MX to Epic MX to Epic Dragon rather than the route I've gone?

And what's the process of setting this up, since, well, I'd like my camera sooner rather than later.

I honestly didn't expect that Scarlet Dragon upgrades would jump the queue over Scarlet MX to Epic Dragon? Especially considering the upgrade is basically just a new order, since there's no physical sensor upgrade to the Scarlet in upgrading to the Epic Dragon, and it's being completely replaced with an Epic Dragon.

I would've expected this to be the quickest option, since it doesn't include the addition of receiving and sending back an Epic.

Bob Gundu
09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
New Epic Dragons are not for order yet and no price has been announced for off the shelf Dragon-X. So, upgrades to Dragons which require replacing parts take precedence. Scarlet to Epic is a good route because you could have been using it and making some money before sending it in for Dragon upgrade. They cost the same so it was a no brainer.

Ben Hasic
09-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Just changed my order with my Bomb Squad rep.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Ben

Charles Valantin
10-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to do the SCARLET M-X to EPIC M-X to EPIC DRAGON UPGRADE at the moment didn't have the answer yet from my rep.
thanks

Eric Santiago
10-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to do the SCARLET M-X to EPIC M-X to EPIC DRAGON UPGRADE at the moment didn't have the answer yet from my rep.
thanks

last I was told depends on stock and how long it takes to go over your old camera at service check.

my rep said almost 2 weeks tops.

Charles Valantin
10-11-2014, 10:55 AM
thanks Eric for the quick reply

Brian Merlen
10-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I got Scarlet->epic mx over a year ago and have since gotten Dragon plus a shiny new warranty with the Epic transition. no idea why anyone would not do it that way...I've also had Dragon since June at this point fyi... seems to me like you guys are waiting needlessly while missing out on a warranty...

Charles Valantin
10-11-2014, 12:25 PM
I still didn't get how this process work and why it would most likely take few months to go from Scarlet to EPIC X DRAGON but apparently only weeks for SCARLET M-X to EPIC M-X to EPIC DRAGON UPGRADE... if someone have spare time thank you in advance.

Brian Merlen
10-11-2014, 09:58 PM
the lines are set up to do things in a certain order...scarlet to dragon are the last priority...scarlet to epic to dragon are higher priority. you also get a better warranty along the ride if you got epic mx first since its a new camera with a full warranty not 90 days only. so for better or worse its faster to do it the way were saying then it is to do it the direct way, at least it has been. as we get near the end it won't matter, other then your not getting the same warranty still just 90 days. you should just do it the way were saying, don't bother trying to wrap your head around it, just focus on it as a means to an end, faster, with better warranty...

Charles Valantin
10-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Thanks Brian, let's see now if tomorrow i can get the same sound from my rep. about the timing to get my hands on a DRAGON.