PDA

View Full Version : Dragon powering off / Switronix? or Firmware?

Dave Adams
09-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Anyone having any problems with random power offs on current Dragon firmware?

This could be the Switronix Jetpack / Anton Bauer mount I started using recently, but after I got my Epic back from Dragon upgrade it has been shutting off every once in awhile at random times during the day. It's not constant so it's hard to replicate. Going to try and use my redvolts to see if it continues happening with only RED power. I am assuming it has to do with the switronix, rather than the RED. But wanted to check...

Dave

Phil Holland
09-12-2014, 02:51 PM
I've had a 3 long shooting days since the last firmware. No power issues here.

Nathan Apffel
09-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Hey Dave,

I have had this issue with 2 Switronix plates with both our Epic and now Dragon. I would suggest doing tests with different plates. I am about to jump ship on Switronix and go only with red power plates because the issue has been nagging us here for over a year now.

Akin A
09-12-2014, 05:47 PM
I've been planning to get that v-mount Switronix JP-V-EPIC because of the nice output options.

Nathan, which mount are you using? I'm hoping the v-mount doesn't have the same issues.

Dave Adams
09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Thanks Nathan,

Good to know. Definitely going to bail on the Swit. I tested with Redvolts all night last night with no power mishaps. Definitely appears to be Switronix.

Dave

Nawaf Alsabhan
09-13-2014, 08:22 AM
I've been using regular Switronix Gold mount for more than a year with my Epic, it always worked flawlessly, until recently when I upgraded the Dragon firmware, and it disconnected twice in 30 minutes. I thought maybe a cable got loose or something, but now I'm not so sure.

Thankfully, I had a backup Anton Bauer gold mount plate from WC, and it works great.

Ivan Kovax
09-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Anyone having any problems with random power offs on current Dragon firmware?

This could be the Switronix Jetpack / Anton Bauer mount I started using recently, but after I got my Epic back from Dragon upgrade it has been shutting off every once in awhile at random times during the day. It's not constant so it's hard to replicate. Going to try and use my redvolts to see if it continues happening with only RED power. I am assuming it has to do with the switronix, rather than the RED. But wanted to check...

Dave

Only issue i have had is that the camera misreads the percentage of the switronix battery... it is always at 50-60 percent, even when fully changed... very odd