PDA

View Full Version : File recorded twice on the SSD

Pascal Payant
09-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi
I just rented the red dragon and when i record a scene, the scene, file is been there twice on my SSD like RED001.r3d and RED002.r3d but it's the same file and scene. it doesn't happens on all of the file.
is there a setting of something that i don't understand? It seems to get a lot of space quickly and it's totally useless.

Brandon J.F.
09-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Those files are part of the clip you recorded. Don't delete them. Everything is working the way it should.

Pascal Payant
09-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Another question i have.
I'm shooting at iso 800, not clipping on both end. more to the left. It's super grainy but the image is clean. how come?

Brandon J.F.
09-12-2014, 10:25 PM
It's hard to say what is wrong without at least seeing an R3D. I would suggest starting a new thread about this and including a JPG in your post and a link to an R3D snapshot of the same frame made in Redcine X Pro.

Sam Winzar
09-12-2014, 10:38 PM
The camera splits the files into 4GB chunks to maintain comparability with the FAT32 file system.

Julio Quintana
09-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Another question i have.
I'm shooting at iso 800, not clipping on both end. more to the left. It's super grainy but the image is clean. how come?

What do you mean by super grainy but clean?

Pascal Payant
09-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm having a hard time understand why it's noisy on the goal bar when i'm at 800 ISO and perfectly balanced in the middle range of my histogram. Can anybody help me?
no matter what i do , going outside, inside. It's grainy. When i see footage from the sony F55 it's crispy clean like day and night. I know i must do something wrong cause it's suposed to be the best camera.

Bob Gundu
09-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm having a hard time understand why it's noisy on the goal bar when i'm at 800 ISO and perfectly balanced in the middle range of my histogram. Can anybody help me?
no matter what i do , going outside, inside. It's grainy. When i see footage from the sony F55 it's crispy clean like day and night. I know i must do something wrong cause it's suposed to be the best camera.

Post an R3D snapshot please.

Terry VerHaar
09-13-2014, 02:01 PM
...noisy on the goal bar when i'm at 800 ISO and perfectly balanced in the middle range of my histogram.

What exactly do you mean by this? Is there red in the left goal post with the right most part of the histogram in the middle? Are you simply underexposing? As others have said, post an R3D - or at least a screen shot of your goal posts and histogram.

Jon Carr
09-13-2014, 02:19 PM

Odds are you not on the newest build with the goal post fix. check your firmware should be 5.2.28 Post a r3d still please

Bob Gundu
09-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Good call Jon. Definitely make sure you're on the latest firmware ASAP!

Nawaf Alsabhan
09-14-2014, 04:45 AM
He's renting the camera, so he can't upgrade.
if the image looks clean to you, then that's good.
Also, with Dragon, you'll get a cleaner shot if your ISO is 200-400.

Make sure you wait a few minutes for the camera to get up to the correct temperature, (when T turns to green).
Also, I recommend you blackshade.