PDA

View Full Version : Epic -> Dragon Turnaround time.

DC Chavez
10-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone-

Wanted to see what turnaround times were for those that did the Epic to Dragon upgrade. Just got my RMA number and was going to take it in tomorrow, but my Bombsquad rep said 7-10 business days. Shooting on Monday and need to have a camera in hand. Won't be able to do this until December if it takes that long, as I have at least 1 shoot day for the next 6 weeks...

I will be driving it down to Irvine tomorrow AM in an effort to expedite the process (if I can get it back in time).

Any concrete examples of time from RedUsers?

Gracias...

Jeffrey Loewe
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I'd wait. I have a similar situation. Though I had money wired to RED last TUE and i'm still waiting for a RMA email. So it wouldn't even matter for me after all. :undecided:

I'd say shoot what you need with it then send it in. Plus there have been instances of new Dragons having some issues and it's always good to have time to get acquainted with all of the new additions and do proper testing before jumping straight into actual work.

Bob Gundu
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
For me it was pretty quick. Maybe even 5 days.

Brian Merlen
10-20-2014, 05:30 PM
if your anxious to get it you could always rent for a shoot or two? but unless there is some reason you really need dragon now id wait. plus waiting gets you closer to having access to the OLPF swap system with both available...not a bad silver lining...im actually trying to figure out when to send my dragon in to get the swap system install (plus waiting on the email so not like i can do it now anyway).. with all of us sending our dragons in red might be a little under the gun between new orders and olfp swaps anyway at the moment, so it could potentially take the full time they say would be another concern if i was in your shoes man..

Gavin Greenwalt
10-20-2014, 08:04 PM
I think for me it was almost exactly a week. 14 days would be pretty safe but you never know if they won't find a problem that takes longer to fix.

DC Chavez
10-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Shut down....

"Thank you for the offers but unfortunately your camera will not be completed by Friday. I apologize for the inconvenience but our technicians need 7-10 business days to complete the upgrade."

I even offered to bake cookies and/or do a sexy dance for them...

I guess I upgrade in January... :sosp: