PDA

View Full Version : When will new Epic Dragon X's be available for purchase?

Adam Johnson
10-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Trying to figure out if new Epic Dragon X's will go on sale before the end of the year along with the price increase of upgrades...

Jarred - do you guys have any roadmap for when these might be available to buy new and if prices on cameras will increase along with the Dragon upgrade price? Trying to figure out if I should buy used or wait for new X's to go on sale.

Thanks!
AJ

Matt Ryan
10-27-2014, 10:42 PM
My guess is December in conjunction with the sensor upgrade price increase, etc. But Jarred would know the answer ;)

Adam Johnson
10-28-2014, 12:06 PM
I would think you are probably right about that. Just wonder if price will still be the same or more!

Charles Heales
10-30-2014, 04:56 AM
I am also waiting to find this out, I spoke to someone at RED Europe as i was looking to purchase a Dragon and he advised me that the Dragon-X would be released very soon and said i would be better off waiting for it! however i really hope i can get it before December as I have a few big projects coming up.

Christoffer Glans
10-30-2014, 05:39 AM
Will the upgrade to dragon price be increased? Is this true? And if so, if I would place an order now, even though the time of upgrade happens later after this increase, would my price still remain?

Anthony Berenato Jr
10-30-2014, 05:42 AM
Will the upgrade to dragon price be increased? Is this true? And if so, if I would place an order now, even though the time of upgrade happens later after this increase, would my price still remain?

Hey Christoffer, Jarred had mentioned that as long as you order and pay for the upgrade before December 1st - it doesn't matter when you ship in the camera... But there still isn't much information on the price hike floating around.

Tom Greenberg
10-30-2014, 10:54 AM
But there still isn't much information on the price hike floating around.
The info is on Red.com: https://support.red.com/entries/23779978-What-is-the-EPIC-RED-DRAGON-Upgrade-Program-

Adam Johnson
10-30-2014, 01:13 PM
I really hope we can get an answer soon on ordering new Epic X Dragon cameras

Marcus Friedlander
10-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I recently talked to my bomb squad rep and he didn't have any new information regarding the dragon-x

Christoffer Glans
10-31-2014, 01:51 AM
The info is on Red.com: https://support.red.com/entries/23779978-What-is-the-EPIC-RED-DRAGON-Upgrade-Program-

Did Red have a payment plan of some kind or does that not apply in this case? Also, does it apply in countries outside of US?

Rolf Kestermann
11-03-2014, 05:57 PM
My guess is that they will chuck the MX Sensor like they did with the lenses and the R1 etc. Then, after the upgrade crowd has been reigned in, they will
drop the price of the remaining two cameras to a new low for volume sales. And unless they are preparing a studio camera (should have kept the R1 for
FF 8k) they will have a sort of alternative run a la Eclaire and Aaton for a while.

Adam Johnson
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Brent/ Jarred - Any idea when we can buy new Epic X Dragons? :)