PDA

View Full Version : Another one drops… Fergie, "LA Love" - Crazy Multi Dragon "Live" flash-mob Music Vid.

Christopher Probst
11-11-2014, 02:22 PM
I didn't know but this vid released the same day as the Taylor clip. This one is a little nutty. We basically created the ultimate "Burning-Man" style party bus and then took to the streets of LA, inciting chaos, partying and traffic! I had 3-4 Dragons going simultaneously inside and outside of the bus, plus some GoPro drone action. Really hard to execute "beauty" lighting in this scenario, so I formulated a strategy, lighting the bus up like a christmas tree and off we went.

Posted below is the result of this little social experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLyP0B2Q-R4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLyP0B2Q-R4

Kwan Khan
11-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Nice work

sam karr
11-11-2014, 02:29 PM
omg, these colors :p

David Battistella
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Liked it a lot once the sun set.

looks like you squeezed the most you could out with the parameters of the shoot.

cool!

battistella

Bob Gundu
11-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Chris, you have the most fun!

Nick Morrison
11-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I have to say, the colors are pretty unreal. It really drives home how great the "Skintone" OLPF colors can be (am I assuming correctly about the OLPF you used?). WOW.

Ironically, considering all the concern about lowlight with the Skintone OLPF, my favorite shots were the night ones with the bus. My jaw hit the floor and I had to collect my shattered mouth several times during that video. The bus, and how it glowed at night, was so clean, so ethereal, I literally did double takes several times. I had a hard time believing what I was seeing.

I'm still shooting a lot of MX these days, and I have a hard time believing I could ever get that kind of imagery out of MX.

Of course, Chris you're also doing an AMAZING job. The kudos goes to you!!! But it's also apparent you're having A LOT OF FUN with a VERY POWERFUL TOOL!!!

Put the two together - a master and his instruments - and you get a symphony like this.

KUDOS. Major, major kudos.

I haven't been majorly impressed with ANYTHING in a long time (I'm jaded), and this sort of rattled my world.

GREAT JOB!!!

Paramon Ivanovich
11-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Awesome , as always!
Chris, was that gopro 3?

Jeff Kilgroe
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
There is one question that I have to know the answer to... Did Randy knowingly let you fly a drone through his donut hole?

Steve Sherrick
11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
omg, these colors :p
Combine a great DP, art/costume design, hair/makeup and a great colorist and usually good things happen.

As per usual Christopher's cinematography is top notch.

Eric Santiago
11-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Colors man oh man the colors ;)

Vadim Bobkovsky
11-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Lots of different skin tones, perfect exposures, lush colors and overall slick image suitable for music video. I'd rather not comment the music or the lyrics, let me just paraphrase Hank Moody: "You represent everything I hate about modern pop culture, but I do find you highly entertaining, continue please".