PDA

View Full Version : RED support in Telestream Flip4Mac/Episode Pro 5.0 Update

Aaronzo
05-06-2008, 03:45 AM
Received this announcement from Final Cut User RSS feed overnight. I plan to experiment with it in my workflow on an upcoming commercial. Post your experiences with the 5.0 update as well.

---------------------------------------------------
Episode Series Version 5.0 is our latest update for Episode, Episode Pro, Episode Engine and Episode Engine Pro media encoding software applications. This is a free update which adds new features, formats and enhancements in response to your feedback and evolving market needs. Note: Existing Episode Engine customers must receive a new version 5.0 license before they can upgrade to the new version. Customers can request a version 5.0 license by completing the License Request form.

Episode desktop (Episode & Episode Pro) adds:

Import and export support for ProRes HQ (with corresponding QT component installed)

Input support for RED camera, Cineon and DPX formats - preserving end-to-end 10-bit processing, providing the speed and quality required for digital film/telecine workflows

Integration with Final Cut Server, Apple’s powerful new media asset management software - Episode Engine extends support to virtually any format

Edit or transcode while capturing video with Pipeline - for faster throughput

SDK for managing encodes and easy Episode Engine integration into any workflow

Episode desktop:
http://www.flip4mac.com/episode.htm

Episode Engine:
http://www.telestream.net/products/episode_download.htm

Mark L. Pederson
05-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Received this announcement from Final Cut User RSS feed overnight. I plan to experiment with it in my workflow on an upcoming commercial. Post your experiences with the 5.0 update as well.

---------------------------------------------------
Episode Series Version 5.0 is our latest update for Episode, Episode Pro, Episode Engine and Episode Engine Pro media encoding software applications. This is a free update which adds new features, formats and enhancements in response to your feedback and evolving market needs. Note: Existing Episode Engine customers must receive a new version 5.0 license before they can upgrade to the new version. Customers can request a version 5.0 license by completing the License Request form.

Episode desktop (Episode & Episode Pro) adds:

Import and export support for ProRes HQ (with corresponding QT component installed)

Input support for RED camera, Cineon and DPX formats - preserving end-to-end 10-bit processing, providing the speed and quality required for digital film/telecine workflows

Integration with Final Cut Server, Apple’s powerful new media asset management software - Episode Engine extends support to virtually any format

Edit or transcode while capturing video with Pipeline - for faster throughput

SDK for managing encodes and easy Episode Engine integration into any workflow

Episode desktop:
http://www.flip4mac.com/episode.htm

Episode Engine:
http://www.telestream.net/products/episode_download.htm

This supports RED via QT - so it is only really exciting when we get _F enabled, if that is, in fact, what I hope - full res, full quality debayer.

Telestream Epsiode products are first rate. Good stuff.

Darren Orange
05-07-2008, 01:20 AM
I thought _F works now per Red mythbusters?

Gunleik Groven
05-07-2008, 01:44 AM
F works here and episode is a great application

Aaronzo
05-07-2008, 03:37 AM
I upgraded to Episode Pro 5.0, but so far don't see the support for RED and DPX formats. This feature may only be available in Episode Engine Pro, which I don't have. I'd still be interested in hearing how anyone eventually uses it in their workflow.

Mark L. Pederson
05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
I thought _F works now per Red mythbusters?

Ahhhhh .. the guys at Plaster usually use the _H - which is "1/2" of 4K = 2K

You CAN trick Quicktime into playing the _F if you uncheck the "Use high-qulity video setting when available" in the QT Prefs - this will display your QT in full res BUT NOT FULL QUALITY - it's extracting from the 2K "layer" -

So, no, _F doesn't work (the way I want it too - and the way I assume RED wants it too - full res - full quality) -