PDA

View Full Version : Tools/layout of REDCINE??? Graeme??

WesG
04-03-2007, 05:50 PM
This might be a dumb question but I'm hoping someone from the RED team might be able to drop a hint here.

Shooting RAW pics with a Nikon DSLR and about to start pushing levels etc around in software.
Can anyone take a stab at what post software (for still images) could most closely resemble the workflow and tool set of Redcine?
Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop, Nikon Capture, Apple's Apeture??

It would be great to start training myself on one of the programs above that will most closely resemble the workflow/tools/layout of Redcine.

Any tips?

Chris Forbes
04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah . . . um good luck with that.

WesG
04-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah . . . um good luck with that.

Don't think it's asking too much??
A recommendation of what present software is closest in the way Redcine is laid out isn't exactly giving away much.

Might just have to wait for NAB eh :wacko:

Poi Boy
04-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I think the best you can do is to practice converting raw files in PS or any other software.
Aloha
-A

Gavin Greenwalt
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Aperture. Only probably not as cool.

Paul Wizikowski
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently all we can do is assume what the Redcine software will be like. So trying to compare it to anything else out there would just be a guess in the first place.

So if I were to guess it would be similiar to a software the does manipulate RAW files, ie...Aperture

Something else to note here is that each camera manufacturer has their own version of RAW files. So to say that Nikon RAW and Canon RAW will be anything like the Redcode RAW would just be another ASSumption.