PDA

View Full Version : Grips

Joe Karably
01-09-2016, 09:00 PM
For senior members/higher ups: Is there a chance the I/O package will ship with that rad outrigger handle? I don't get why the Jetpack package comes with it but I/O is the standard top handle. Not complaining, just think the former is awesome :)

Darius Lyles
01-10-2016, 12:11 PM
The packages at least for now are set as is

Tony Ditata
01-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Looks like you can purchase that outrigger handle separately. Would be nice to have it in the package instead of the regular handle but may be a great addition to grab.

http://www.red.com/store/products/dsmc2-outrigger-handle

Webster Miller
01-10-2016, 12:43 PM
No problem in the past. Just put the package in your cart, call your rep and have her/him swap out the handle. I was able to the same when I bought my Scarlet MX.

Cheers

Note: price will be adjusted accordingly.

Nathan DuMoulin
01-10-2016, 12:49 PM
No problem in the past. Just put the package in your cart, call your rep and have her/him swap out the handle. I was able to the same when I bought my Scarlet MX.

Cheers

Note: price will be adjusted accordingly.

Unfortunately it's been stated by Jarred on several occasions that this will not be possible. The preset packages are made to reduce manufacturing costs, and cannot be altered.

Daniel Porto
01-15-2016, 05:05 AM
Does anyone know wether the OUTRIGGER HANDLE will be able to half-press so that you can auto-focus?

Mikael Lubtchansky
01-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Does anyone know wether the OUTRIGGER HANDLE will be able to half-press so that you can auto-focus?

No, as far as I know it will allow just 1 command*, but that is customizable like any other RED buttons.
You could use the outrigger handle to record and assign another button on camera or RED monitor for single focus trigger...

* technically it should allow one action on button press and another one on button release so you could do :
- press = trigger AF
- release = toggle record start / stop
But not sure it would be very practical...

Daniel Porto
01-15-2016, 05:36 AM
Cheers!

if you can't half press then I'll just assign autofocus to one of the buttons on the SIDEKICK :) assuming that will work :p