PDA

View Full Version : SCRATCH Timecode Header

Marcus Vasques Osorio
06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I there any way of exporting the Timecode Header in the DPX file name from R3D files in SCRATCH. So that you can conform & Grade in anther progrmd from the EDL.

Mahvo

Lucas Wilson
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I there any way of exporting the Timecode Header in the DPX file name from R3D files in SCRATCH. So that you can conform & Grade in anther progrmd from the EDL.

Mahvo

Yes - whenever SCRATCH exports DPX, timecode is written into the header by default. Using the "Regenerate" button, you have a choice as to whether you want to push the original SourceTC from R3D files into the header, or the new RecordTC from the timeline.

Lucas
-----
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA

Brian Reisdorf
06-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes - whenever SCRATCH exports DPX, timecode is written into the header by default. Using the "Regenerate" button, you have a choice as to whether you want to push the original SourceTC from R3D files into the header, or the new RecordTC from the timeline.

Lucas
-----
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA

This doesn't look to be true when outputing from a secondary output. We've tried every way we can and only get source TC embedded in the headers via the default output of a construct. Any Ideas?

Lucas Wilson
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
This doesn't look to be true when outputing from a secondary output. We've tried every way we can and only get source TC embedded in the headers via the default output of a construct. Any Ideas?

Hey Brian,

Kyle called me about this, and I have a way to do it...

Instead of using a secondary output to burn in your LUTs, use a SCAFFOLD layer! That will allow you to use the primary output and maintain timecode.

Steps:

1) Go to the *first* shot on the Construct.
2) Player -> Matrix
3) Swipe up to expose the Scaffold list
4) Create a new SCAFFOLD and a/A activate it
5) Select the LUT button in the lower, left-hand side of the GUI (where Canvas/Curve/Vector/etc. is)
6) Load a LUT there.
7) Copy (right-hand side of the GUI)
8) Paste
9) Paste ALL in the secondary dialogue, and make sure SCAFFOLD and LUT is selected.

That should paste that LUT to all the shots in the CONstruct. Then render them out and you're good.

Lucas
------
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA

Brian Reisdorf
06-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Very cool, Thanks Lucas!

Scott Simmons
06-14-2008, 02:06 PM
That's good new .. now if we could only get Scratch to properly export all those shots from the EDL with the dissolves, and properly export the needed handles, and gives us the number of frames in the shot that the EDL is asking for and not to burn black or a dissolve into the DPXs ..........

Lucas Wilson
06-14-2008, 04:18 PM
That's good new .. now if we could only get Scratch to properly export all those shots from the EDL with the dissolves, and properly export the needed handles, and gives us the number of frames in the shot that the EDL is asking for and not to burn black or a dissolve into the DPXs ..........

I don't think I properly understand this problem. I thought I got it when Kyle explained it to me yesterday, but based on this, I don't think I get it...

Can you explain it again, with small words and short syllables? :)

Lucas
-----
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA

Scott Simmons
06-14-2008, 09:25 PM
well it seems that the majority of shots in the edl that included dissolves didn't pull properly. Most all of the cuts where fine but not the dissolves. There seemed to be no consistency on how many handles were pulled with these shots either. Plus there were a number of these shots where actually burned into the DPXs where the actual dissolves as well as shots that dissolved from black ... the ramps up from black were burned into the DPXs as well. But I think we did get the source timecode thing figured out! This was really just more of a recap of a lot of the issues we had. It literally took us from 9 am until we left at 6:30 to attempt to conform this 4 minute music video. Thankfully all involved knew it might not go smoothly but I don't think any of us involved were expecting the problems we had. Kudos to Brian and Kyle as they were trying to get it right. But hey, this is new for all of us and I'm confident that with Assimilate's help we'll get it figured out. Especially considering there's 3 more conforms in the coming weeks :blush: