PDA

View Full Version : REDVOLT-V Battery

Pages : [1] 2

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Ok this one is a bit further out because there is a lot of regulations with Lithium but It's worth showing so you guys know it is coming.

Standard V-Lock interface

47WH - Almost 25% more capacity than the original REDVOLT.

Fits the profile perfectly of your DSMC2 Body. Eliminates interference with the DSMC2 Top handle etc.

A lean mean battery for those quick tight shots and for gimbals and where size matters.

http://www.redgrabs.com/up/1460914693.jpg

Michael Reiken
04-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Nice!! Love the sleek slim design. What would they weigh?

Nick Morrison
04-16-2016, 06:03 PM
These will be great!

David Grigorian
04-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Very cool. Any chance of a slightly thicker 95Wh version ?

Björn Benckert
04-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Please make a stackable version.

Christoffer Glans
04-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Nice :) what might be the cost ballpark for these?

Demetri Zuev
04-16-2016, 06:13 PM
What are we looking at in terms of pricing with this one? Same as Redvolt XL?

Brent Carter
04-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Still sorting final cost. Going to be somewhere between current REDVOLT and REDVOLT XL...

Demetri Zuev
04-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Still sorting final cost. Going to be somewhere between current REDVOLT and REDVOLT XL...

In that case I might just buy a 4-pack then)

Christoffer Glans
04-16-2016, 06:19 PM

Feels like a great addition to my collection of Red Bricks. Use bricks for more controlled shooting, tripods, dollys etc. and when going fast handheld use these to reduce weight. It's much faster than having to change module, this is a superb solution! :cheers2:

Luca Perin
04-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Something small and light like this for the ones having the xl dsmc2 module?

Bob Gundu
04-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Awesome. Why not make additional capacities?

Kemalettin Sert
04-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Redvolt XL runs more than this?

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Redvolt XL runs more than this?

Yes it does, but it is also 3x as thick.

Trevor Meier
04-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Awesome. I'm going to buy a truckload of these. Can't wait!

Reuben Evans
04-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Awesome. Why not make additional capacities?

+1 Love to see a 90wh and a 120 or so that just got progressively thicker. But this size definitely meets a unique need.

jordan levy
04-16-2016, 06:48 PM
small individual travel chargers for it? :)

cant wait for this but im almost glad it doesnt replace all the batteries i just bought!

Trevor Meier
04-16-2016, 06:52 PM
A 90Wh option and a quick mini travel charger would definitely come in handy

Trevor Meier
04-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Any estimate on weight?

Omkar Gauchan
04-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Well, looks great but we need more capacity. Just can't deal anymore with lower capacity battery, it just become a show piece.

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Any estimate on weight?

Would just be making it up if I guessed ... our prototypes still are using the old cells inside them and until we get the new certified ones it is an unknown.

FWIW... It feels very light :)

Well, looks great but we need more capacity. Just can't deal anymore with lower capacity battery, it just become a show peace.

you are missing the point of these. This is a specific small battery that nobody else makes. You can buy bigger capacity batteries that share the low form factor from a bunch of different companies. They are bigger and heavier and yes they run longer. Short batteries like the Anton Cine 90 batteries ( which are incredible ) you get a little less than twice the capacity for something almost 4x the size.

Trevor Meier
04-16-2016, 07:25 PM
FWIW... It feels very light :)

Perfect. I think these plus the PAG L90 slims (https://www.paguk.com/landing/pag-l90-slim) are going to be my weapon of choice when doing solo summits.

Are you guys doing a charger as well? Nobody seems to be doing travel-worthy V-lock chargers at the moment.

Phil Holland
04-16-2016, 07:49 PM
This thing oozes lightweight rigging potential. Smart stuff.

scott devitte
04-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Perfect. I think these plus the PAG L90 slims (https://www.paguk.com/landing/pag-l90-slim) are going to be my weapon of choice when doing solo summits.

Are you guys doing a charger as well? Nobody seems to be doing travel-worthy V-lock chargers at the moment.

Pag makes a great V lock travel charger.

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 07:59 PM
Pag makes a great V lock travel charger.

I was just gonna recommend the same thx.

http://www.adorama.com/PG9710.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADS tCqM6zM6-wo8zbRn-EAg-MdVKIjIrN3AJPpVqLz4lUDwnBoC797w_wcB

Kyle Dones
04-16-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm going to need to confiscate your prototypes.

Reuben Evans
04-16-2016, 09:12 PM
This is a specific small battery that nobody else makes. You can buy bigger capacity batteries that share the low form factor from a bunch of different companies.

This makes sense itching a scratch that nobody else is.

edward vijayavargiya
04-16-2016, 10:09 PM
I see what you're saying Jarred, I think what the community means is that we like the red ecosystem and would be nice to have large capacity batteries that look cool and fit the new units just as what you announced.

Tony Lorentzen
04-16-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm assuming these are based on the 3200mah 18650 batteries. It's extremely hard to find a reliable source for these batteries. They're either far lower capacity in real life or they're super unstable. Hope you guys found a good supplier.

Luke Rob
04-16-2016, 10:43 PM
I see what you're saying Jarred, I think what the community means is that we like the red ecosystem and would be nice to have large capacity batteries that look cool and fit the new units just as what you announced.

i feel you ! plzzzzzz Jarred :P

Jarred Land
04-16-2016, 10:44 PM
keep asking.. the louder your voice is the louder we listen :)

Randy Panado
04-16-2016, 10:50 PM
I'll chime in with the choir! Redvolt-V's that can power the S-W for at least 30-45 mins. Up to an hour would be appreciated! I just bought a bunch of hypercore slims to tide me over.

Phil Holland
04-16-2016, 11:01 PM

Well then. I wanna make a peep.

How's about REDVOLT-V @ 47Wh then.....

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

Also another peep. If these do somehow miraculously end up as a series and sell in volume, a new flat 2X and 4X charger please :) Maybe something with the ability for a wall mount even.

I'm a big fan of the lower profile concept.

Wil Wong
04-16-2016, 11:08 PM
I love the look and size but I think 90wh would be better. Yes there are plenty of 90wh options by third parties but these are much nicer looking and perfected for Red. Question is how much thicker would that be. If it becomes as thick as the others then perhaps there is no point in offering such capacity later...

Stephen Lovett
04-16-2016, 11:13 PM

This.

You know I've seen some traffic here on reduser regarding problems with the original v-mount chargers. I got to say, I've still got the three of them I purchased with my RedOne and they are all still going strong. A dirty little secret (please plug your ears Jarred and Brent) is that the top handle is just plastic, there is nothing in there and a quick pass with the bandsaw and a little plastic patch makes that little guy short enough to fit in a Thinktank or similar rolling case and it is quite light weight. I love the idea of a light weight V-Mount charger.

(Voiding warranties with power tools since 1969)

Tony Lorentzen
04-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Would be awesome if they could be stacked like the IDX Indura - except in an elegant low-profile, seamless way :-)

Fabio Lanzone
04-16-2016, 11:15 PM
I fly a lot... so I buy batteries only under 100wh. And I'd prefer buying them from RED. :) So a REDVOLT-V 2x would make me happy.

Ketch Rossi
04-16-2016, 11:22 PM
This is a little "awesome" thing of a battery... Love it!

justin ahlmann
04-16-2016, 11:23 PM
would absolutely LOVE to see this same approach taken with the redvolt XL module. a slimmer redvolt XL would make it an absolute breeze to go from handheld to gimbal back to handheld again without a module swap and yet not compromise on anything.

Kyle Dones
04-16-2016, 11:29 PM

SLIM, KEEP IT SLIM, AND POWERFUL...WE NEED MORE POWER...AND ILL TAKE SEVERAL!...i don't know how to be loud here. did i do it right?

Tony Lorentzen
04-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Something half the size of the current Redbricks would make them 95Wh with the "new" 3200mah cells (8 in total). That'd be a killer battery for all use.

Randy Panado
04-17-2016, 12:03 AM
To expound on my request, I'd definitely invest in a stack of vmounts that are under 100wh. Scratch what I said earlier on run time. As long as it's able to fly, i'll buy the highest capacity!

Sergio Herencias
04-17-2016, 12:47 AM

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

+1 to this, i love really the lower profile but need more power ;)

Michael Reiken
04-17-2016, 12:49 AM
I agree. Or maybe even two sizes - 48wh and a 98wh that also comes with a travel charger to link them while traveling.

Jason Bodnar
04-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Nice! +1 to Phil's suggestion of added models in this form factor

Björn Benckert
04-17-2016, 03:07 AM
This is great for the ronin.

I got the dji camera power system but a reset on that battery shuts down camera and fiz. Now with one of this on the back of camera the package is still small and light and i get all the ports needed on the vlock module.

Christoffer Glans
04-17-2016, 04:44 AM

This is as loud as a text can be! ;) but I love this form factor for V-lock batteries, but I would probably need more power. I think the Bricks give me great battery times, so maybe if thicker versions of this form factor were made so we have a real series of batteries in this form, that would be awesome.

But maybe you could talk to Tesla and Stanford about aluminum battery tech or other new technologies. I've been waiting so long for a new battery technology to enter the "real world" and it would revolutionize the industry if we got something like that. Ultra fast charging and long lasting small V-lock batteris, you might even settle back on only selling batteris to the industry :tongue_smilie:

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

Also another peep. If these do somehow miraculously end up as a series and sell in volume, a new flat 2X and 4X charger please :) Maybe something with the ability for a wall mount even.

+1

Alvise Tedesco
04-17-2016, 04:58 AM

90-95W

Brandon J.F.
04-17-2016, 05:08 AM

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

X2 and X3 capacities would be great!

Russ Fill
04-17-2016, 05:16 AM
This is where bigger is not better.. Thank you RED for thinking of the small stuff we need.:wink5:
Good luck on NAB

kylebainter
04-17-2016, 05:54 AM

http://www.adorama.com/PG9710.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADS tCqM6zM6-wo8zbRn-EAg-MdVKIjIrN3AJPpVqLz4lUDwnBoC797w_wcB

Only issue with this in my experience is this smaller travel charger is about 2x slower than the normal charger.

Jonathan Stevenson
04-17-2016, 07:21 AM

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

+100!!

Patrick Tresch
04-17-2016, 07:37 AM
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

I do a lot of documentary work. I need those also for clever conterweight. Usually I shoot with 260wh...

Louis Maddalena
04-17-2016, 07:42 AM

I am a huge fan of these and while I might buy a few for that odd time where I need something quick, I would buy a ton of these if you made them thicker and in higher capacities. At least 90 but 150 would be awesome as well. Either way I'm going to buy a few of the small ones but they certainly will not be my main purchase when i start replacing my RedBricks.

Love the look and how low profile they are by the way. Awesome battery.

Maz Mawlawi
04-17-2016, 09:17 AM
I am a huge fan of these and while I might buy a few for that odd time where I need something quick, I would buy a ton of these if you made them thicker and in higher capacities. At least 90 but 150 would be awesome as well. Either way I'm going to buy a few of the small ones but they certainly will not be my main purchase when i start replacing my RedBricks.

Love the look and how low profile they are by the way. Awesome battery.

so is this a V mount that can be used on Regular Epic Dragon cameras as well?

Thomas Akira Nakasone
04-17-2016, 09:23 AM
+1 on fast compact travel charger....It would be great to travel with 3-4 of these and be able to cycle them through the charger without downtime. So if capacity allows for 30 minutes of run, charge time would be 1.5 hours or less.

Also, the pag charger is great...but if you have multiple batteries charging you can rarely find a wall socket that accomodates two batteries at the same time...would be great to slim down the plug or create them so they can backpack on each other on the same outlet

I will often travel with a power squid, 4 cubetaps and 8 of these.... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=729800&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6My4BRD4ssKGvYvB-YsBEiQAJYd77XReX2ADRIuP5prPnakI63biCWUvv9uEbsPRMrl mzuEaArxI8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

That way I go all day on 8 v mounts, and just plug them in at the hotel overnight and not have to cycle them at all

Patrick Tresch
04-17-2016, 10:00 AM
You can charge up to 4 linked paglink on the micro charger.

Brice LeCarre
04-17-2016, 10:14 AM

- REDVOLT-V X2 @ 94Wh
- REDVOLT-V X3 @ 141Wh
- REDVOLT-V X4 @ 188Wh

Ditto

Louis Maddalena
04-17-2016, 10:42 AM
so is this a V mount that can be used on Regular Epic Dragon cameras as well?

Yes standard V Mount Battery.

Björn Benckert
04-17-2016, 10:49 AM
I think Jarred. should just give Blue shape a call. Seams like they got their stuff almost ready to ship. Sub contract them to make their V lock Granite minis so they are streamlined with the Weapon form factor and color pattern and then those could be sold for twice the price.

But don't forget to put 2x Dtaps. 2x USB on the batteries. a 12V converter to usb socket cost like 2 usb to buy can not be to much to ask for.

Trevor Meier
04-17-2016, 10:56 AM
SLIM, KEEP IT SLIM, AND POWERFUL...WE NEED MORE POWER...AND ILL TAKE SEVERAL!...i don't know how to be loud here. did i do it right?

Haha nice one Kyle. Now just keep posting to this this thread every few weeks and you're set :)

Trevor Meier
04-17-2016, 11:38 AM

The PAG is a great little unit, but it's a) very slow, and b) their new L90 slims can't be stacked so you end up needing an army of them.

My favourite travel system by far was the original RedVolts + travel charger. By volume and weight they were the most watt-hour you could get into a tiny package by a long shot. I'm hoping the Redvolt-Vs are their spiritual successor. (seriously... I have a giant spreadsheet comparing the volumetric and weight efficiency of just about every Red-worthy V-mount out there, and nothing comes close to the RedVolts). Combined with the travel charger, I could get up to 14,000 feet solo with enough to shoot, solar charge, and get home with the footage I needed. It'd be great if the Redvolt-V's could step into that role. To do that they need the whole ecosystem of tiny fast travel chargers (and some larger WHr sizes, since I'm asking ;)

Reuben Evans
04-17-2016, 12:46 PM
I am in total agreement on the need for a solid travel charger. I ran into an issue while traveling where I would run out of available AC outlets. I would love a unit designed to charge a couple of these as fast per Wh as a redvolt XL, but designed with a priority on weight.

Maybe that is wishful thinking. But here's wishing.

Maik Müller
04-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Awesome looking battery and formfactor, makes me consider going V for DSMC2. Bigger versions would be great too.

How about charging those batteries via USB-C-connectors on the battery itself? Would that be possible in theory? (Don't know the numbers...)

Arturo Sánchez
04-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Will this battery be compatible with cameras of other brands?

Ulf Krentz
04-17-2016, 02:01 PM
I think Jarred. should just give Blue shape a call. Seams like they got their stuff almost ready to ship. Sub contract them to make their V lock Granite minis so they are streamlined with the Weapon form factor and color pattern and then those could be sold for twice the price.

But don't forget to put 2x Dtaps. 2x USB on the batteries. a 12V converter to usb socket cost like 2 usb to buy can not be to much to ask for.

Björn...do you know how deep in love Jarred is with D-Taps?

Kyle Dones
04-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Haha nice one Kyle. Now just keep posting to this this thread every few weeks and you're set :)
ah, is that how its done...SLIM! POWERFUL! TAKE MONEY NOW!

Mike P.
04-17-2016, 06:43 PM
How does this look attached to DMSC1 (with quickback or 3rd party v-mount)?

Björn Benckert
04-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Björn...do you know how deep in love Jarred is with D-Taps?

Yes but the resoning behind hating dtap and go for 2 pin lemo is nuts. As 2the two pin lemos are actually designed to be able to switch polarity by simply push in and twist the connector tip... dtap are easier to soldier (somthing i can do on set whith a shity soldering kit and a first AD breathing down my neck no problem... two pin lemos, a totally different thing) And most accessories of any kind of quality has reversed polarity protection these days so the dtap problem is not so much of a problem i think.

Jarred Land
04-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Yes but the resoning behind hating dtap and go for 2 pin lemo is nuts. As 2the two pin lemos are actually designed to be able to switch polarity by simply push in and twist the connector tip... dtap are easier to soldier (somthing i can do on set whith a shity soldering kit and a first AD breathing down my neck no problem... two pin lemos, a totally different thing) And most accessories of any kind of quality has reversed polarity protection these days so the dtap problem is not so much of a problem i think.

Key point to your statement is the last 2 words... "you think".. but guess who people call first when their D-Tap blows something up looking for someone to pick up the bill? I wouldnt mind so much if it didn't happen every damn week.

But alas... I caved in already remember :) Our battery plates have D-taps for all you brave souls.

Putting D tap and P taps in the batteries adds up to an inch to every battery. You need not only the connector, but the circuitry as well. So that compounds the more batteries you have. If you have 5 batteries in your bag, that adds between 3-5 inches.

The plates are a much better place for it. You can leave you stuff plugged in when you change batteries and it doesn't take unnecessary space.

Andrew Linga
04-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Key point to your statement is the last 2 words... "you think".. but guess who people call first when their D-Tap blows something up looking for someone to pick up the bill? I wouldnt mind so much if it didn't happen every damn week.

But alas... I caved in already remember :) Our battery plates have D-taps for all you brave souls.

Putting D tap and P taps in the batteries adds up to an inch to every battery. You need not only the connector, but the circuitry as well. So that compounds the more batteries you have. If you have 5 batteries in your bag, that adds between 3-5 inches.

The plates are a much better place for it. You can leave you stuff plugged in when you change batteries and it doesn't take unnecessary space.

Niceeeee

Reuben Evans
04-17-2016, 10:19 PM
I like the idea of RED's batteries not having the d-tap in an effort to keep them smaller. If RED focuses on small and light as possible they'll have a unique product that can be complemented by other batteries in your kit.

Mark Pedersen
04-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Awesome little battery guys. Like you said, perfect for drone/gimbal use and tight corners.

Like everyone has commented, larger sizes in the same form factor would be great. But a few of these will be very handy in the kit.

Well done!

M

Andrew Linga
04-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Yeah not a fan of the size but I understand their use. More for specialized shots (gimbal, quick b-roll, drone, etc.) than anything. A 95wh would be nuts though!

Kyle Dones
04-18-2016, 10:55 AM
huge fan of the size, also smaller or larger batteries would get put to work as well.

Dane Henry
04-18-2016, 01:07 PM
small footprint in the camera bag helps us be fast & light in the mountains. Thanks for another slick option!

-dane

Maik Müller
04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
small footprint in the camera bag helps us be fast & light in the mountains. Thanks for another slick option!
Agreed, it looks like this could be the best battery-solution for backbackers.

Phil's suggestions for X2/X3/X4 sound great, +1!

Now there just needs to be an ultra-slim charging solution. :)

BTW, charging via USB-C connector is doable, the specs allow up to 20v and 5A, so enough to charge a v-mount. Think about it, you could charge your batteries with a standardized charger that also powers your notebook, phone, tablet. Small things, a few of them, or one bigger and you're set. In emergency situations you could just borrow one or run into an electronics store...

Björn Benckert
04-18-2016, 02:15 PM

Yes, Im happy about the Dtap port on my Vlock module. And Im not a professional camera manufacturer, just a hobbyist at best. But if I can put both an Iphone 5 and charger inside of a V lock then you as a professional manufacturer should be able to to squeeze in a little D tap :)

To me, the perfect place to put them would be in the bottom as we got that little space for the fan. I know should not be covered but if there was a battery model that had two Dtap ports down there and the needed extra size then the camera could still breath fine and we would have enough ports so we would not need to use those Dtap splitters... those are a hazzard if anything.

Again I´m getting a few blueshape minis and I probably get a few of these also but it leaves the camera with one power port with is a bit of a snag.

The blue shape E.T Edition, the one that calls home. Lol.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1532/26236940230_dd10bbfb60_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/FYtbfs)IMG_0006 (https://flic.kr/p/FYtbfs) by Björn Benckert (https://www.flickr.com/photos/108703124@N02/), on Flickr

Nathan Grubbs
04-18-2016, 03:12 PM
looks awesome. would love to see a 90-95Wh version.

David Paul Malloure
04-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Stackable Version would be awesome!!

Matt Bai
04-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Aside from having more capacity, are there any other improvements as far as the type of battery. People have complained about the reliability of the Redvolts as well as overall life.

Stephen Lovett
04-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Hi,
The lack of a compact V-mount travel charger has been mentioned by me and many in this thread. I was checking with the many V-mount battery manufacturers today and found out that Swit will be brining a dual V-Mount concurrent version of this charger to market in coming weeks.

David Grigorian
04-18-2016, 09:19 PM
I have been using the BLUESHAPE Mini Travel charger for last few months while i wait for the PAG mini travel charger thats been on backorder from Adorama for the last 3 months. so far its been good, takes about 3 hours for a full charge on my PagLink 95Wh. Im going to keep the Blueshape as a backup even after i get my pag charger. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1061797&gclid=CMfSuLPdmcwCFVhahgodrToPFA&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051678882%2C&A=details&Q=

Christoffer Glans
04-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Hi,
The lack of a compact V-mount travel charger has been mentioned by me and many in this thread. I was checking with the many V-mount battery manufacturers today and found out that Swit will be brining a dual V-Mount concurrent version of this charger to market in coming weeks.

What's wrong with Reds own charger?

Stephen Lovett
04-19-2016, 09:14 AM
What's wrong with Reds own charger?

Hi Christoffer, I wouldn't go as far as to say anything is wrong with Red's charger, but it is unnecessarily tall, there are no electronics in the top handle section, so a more compact alternative would be welcome, but mostly Red's charger is sequential, it charges one battery and then the other. I'd prefer to be be able to charge two batteries at once.

Kabilen Mullaithilaga
04-19-2016, 12:30 PM
Hi Christoffer, I wouldn't go as far as to say anything is wrong with Red's charger, but it is unnecessarily tall, there are no electronics in the top handle section, so a more compact alternative would be welcome, but mostly Red's charger is sequential, it charges one battery and then the other. I'd prefer to be be able to charge two batteries at once.

I didn't know that... thanks for the heads up.
But say one is fully charged and remains on the charger, does the other one charge too?

Other than that, I still would want to know when these Redvolt V batteries will be available? And, is the price set yet?

Christoffer Glans
04-19-2016, 03:46 PM
I didn't know that... thanks for the heads up.
But say one is fully charged and remains on the charger, does the other one charge too?

Other than that, I still would want to know when these Redvolt V batteries will be available? And, is the price set yet?

Isn't that to be able to charge them up quickly? It uses full power into one battery first and then switches when you have 70% in one of them. For set charging it's valuable since you might want to keep rolling and need a fast charger. If it charge both at the same time you might end up with 40-50% in both.

Other than that... just saw of the handle ;)

Reuben Evans
04-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi,

That's not too bad! RED should make one the height of their new batteries.

Alvise Tedesco
04-20-2016, 03:23 PM

Bumping.

94W

ignition
04-21-2016, 05:56 AM
Just adding to the chorus... 90-96wh is the sweet spot. Has anyone called Elon yet? :)

Michal Bartlomowicz
04-21-2016, 06:00 AM
Bumping.

94W

Yes please!

Kyle Dones
04-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Ok this one is a bit further out because there is a lot of regulations with Lithium but It's worth showing so you guys know it is coming.

Fits the profile perfectly of your DSMC2 Body. Eliminates interference with the DSMC2 Top handle etc.

A lean mean battery for those quick tight shots and for gimbals and where size matters.

Will there possibly be a DSMC2 REDvolt V-lock base expander with xlr considered?

Bob Gundu
04-24-2016, 07:44 AM
The new small batteries from Blueshape which come in 94 and 140 fit the contours of the dsmc2 as well. I have pics on my Instagram.
Www.instagram.com/bobgundu

Antony Newman
04-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Bob,

Did you get a chance to compare the PAG 'slim to the new Redvolt-V?

Curious which is lighter...

Thanks,

AJ

Alvise Tedesco
04-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Redvolt-V prototypes are using the old cells, so weight is not known.
Pag L90 slim are 500gr/90W..

Bob Gundu
04-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Bob,

Did you get a chance to compare the PAG 'slim to the new Redvolt-V?

Curious which is lighter...

Thanks,

AJ

Totally different areas of NAB so it was hard to compare. But here is the size difference between the 150W Pag and the Slim one.

Edwin Perez
04-24-2016, 12:17 PM
I had a chance to compare the PAG Time battery with the Slim one. I didn't find that great a difference in thickness, and you lose the stackability. I'm sold on PAG though. They seem compact and durable. Also, the US dealer did tell me that an A/B mount travel (Micro) charger would be available soon.

Antony Newman
04-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks Bob.

So ... it's tall and slim!

AJ

Dimitri Boschma
04-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Would it be in theory be possible to make a version without the v-mount part and you could DIRECT connect it to the brain. So you don't need the V-Lock module.
(Main intention would be to get it as slim as possible).
Or a battery where you could unlock the v-mount part and use it in the above mentioned method and 'normal' way.

Tommaso Alvisi
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
a version without the v-mount part and you could DIRECT connect it to the brain.

Now that would be cool...

Maik Müller
04-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Would it be in theory be possible to make a version without the v-mount part and you could DIRECT connect it to the brain. So you don't need the V-Lock module.
Or a battery where you could unlock the v-mount part and use it in the above mentioned method and 'normal' way.
A battery based on the module connector, interesting idea.

Aaron michaels
04-26-2016, 07:07 AM
Guys i have a question since we are talking about batteries. i got the Anton 190W battery and it only last 4 hours on Epic-x and 3 hours on the R1 with 640gb drive running. How many hours does the Red bricks run the camera's? I'm not going to keep spending money on batteries that claim 13 to 10 hours but when you buy it you only get 3 to 4 hours. mat seem crazy but I want a 6 to 8 hour battery in case i need to go longer without the break my arm price.

Bob Gundu
04-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Guys i have a question since we are talking about batteries. i got the Anton 190W battery and it only last 4 hours on Epic-x and 3 hours on the R1 with 640gb drive running. How many hours does the Red bricks run the camera's? I'm not going to keep spending money on batteries that claim 13 to 10 hours but when you buy it you only get 3 to 4 hours. mat seem crazy but I want a 6 to 8 hour battery in case i need to go longer without the break my arm price.

The battery claims are usually for a 30W camera. Epic is 60W. You're going to get more runtime from your 190W than you will from Red's 150W batteries.

Aaron michaels
04-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Got it ...Thanks for the update.

Mestizo Devon
04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Any plans on a flush mount or thin xl battery?

Maik Müller
05-01-2016, 10:30 AM
BTW, any chance we see updated versions of the REDVOLTs/REDVOLT XLs? with those new cells?

Kristopher Colavecchio
05-02-2016, 01:22 PM
BTW, any chance we see updated versions of the REDVOLTs/REDVOLT XLs? with those new cells?
+1 if be interested in updated XLs with reduced weight or higher capacity.

Mestizo Devon
05-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Bump,

Another thought, can we get a dummy plate for the xl module? So you can leave it mounted to the brain and cover the terminals.
OR just a slim xl, not so XL battery

Deivid Sokon
05-04-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm assuming these are based on the 3200mah 18650 batteries. It's extremely hard to find a reliable source for these batteries. They're either far lower capacity in real life or they're super unstable. Hope you guys found a good supplier.

Mestizo Devon
05-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Spill the beans on these new batteries....

joshua csehak
05-09-2016, 10:27 AM
+1 on D-taps on plates and not batteries.

These new batteries look cool, but I need at least 45-60 min per battery. Anything less and it feels like all I do all day is swap batteries. That's why I went with Redvolt XLs. But here's what I hate about Redvolt XLs:

- The charger is freaking heavy. Adds a lot of weight to my backpack.
- You can't just pop a battery on the charger from the camera. It needs 5 min to cool down.
- Sometimes you let it cool down, and then put it on, and it looks like everything's good, then you come back an hour later to find it actually hasn't been charging and the LEDs started flashing red and green as soon as you turned away.
- Being neither V-Lock or AB, I can't share batteries with my camera and lights.

What I love about Redvolt XLs:

- Size and weight. 1.5 lbs is nice and light! And I can fit one in a (big) pocket.
- RED branding. The PAG batteries might be alright, but they look kinda ganky. The RED batteries (both the redvolts and the new v-mount prototype) look awesome. I'm willing to pay a couple extra bucks for awesome looks.

Will the PAG link Micro Charger http://www.adorama.com/PG9710.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwxce4BRDE2dG4ueLArHMSJADS tCqM6zM6-wo8zbRn-EAg-MdVKIjIrN3AJPpVqLz4lUDwnBoC797w_wcB work with any v-mounts, incl. the Redvolt-V?

For this Redvolt-V, if you can make the chargers lightweight and able to charge batteries straight off the camera (if there's a circuit that detects heat and doesn't start charging till the battery is safe to charge, that's fine with me), and if you make a 95wh version that's 1.5lbs or less, I'm so sold it's not even funny.

joshua csehak
05-09-2016, 04:28 PM
These look good re: weight and capacity, but they look as cheap as the PAGs. Anton Bauer seems to be the only company besides Red putting some effort into their product design.

http://www.switronix.com/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=306&category_id=55

Brody_B
05-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Please make a stackable version.

This is what I'll be waiting for.

Bob Gundu
05-09-2016, 07:15 PM
These look good re: weight and capacity, but they look as cheap as the PAGs. Anton Bauer seems to be the only company besides Red putting some effort into their product design.

http://www.switronix.com/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=306&category_id=55

Looks aside, if you pickup a Pag battery, you'll see there's nothing cheap about it. As for the Anton batteries, their swoopy Digital Series batteries are a huge design fail. Same goes for the new chargers. Overly designed and too big to pack in most cases. The new cine batteries are better, but they realized too late, that the 190W battery cells don't fit into the 90/150 shell. So, no Cine 190's from AB anytime soon.

scott devitte
05-09-2016, 09:06 PM

Pags do not look cheap and are beautifully built.

joshua csehak
05-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Looks aside, if you pickup a Pag battery, you'll see there's nothing cheap about it. As for the Anton batteries, their swoopy Digital Series batteries are a huge design fail. Same goes for the new chargers. Overly designed and too big to pack in most cases.

I'll admit I haven't handled the PAGs in person. Good to know they're well-built. Yeah, AB's swoopy digital series is a big fail IMO. They need to follow Japan's watermelon lead -- packability is key. That said, I think they redeemed themselves with the Cine line. Beautifully designed. Unfortunately, too heavy and expensive for me -- still prefer the Redvolt XLs. And I will agree that they are a bit overdesigned. Sort of like Bright Tangerine -- great product, but the design calls attention to itself a little too much for my taste.

Pags do not look cheap and are beautifully built.

I'll take back "cheap." But IMO the PAG visual design isn't nearly as considered, sleek, and badass as the Redvolt-Vs.

Trevor Meier
05-11-2016, 04:49 PM
For those who need something in the small/light category now, I published the spreadsheet I used to compare what's currently out there in another thread: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?144925-V-mount-Battery-Chart

I ended up going for the Bebob for their volumetric / weight efficiency per WHr. I loved the PAGs but at almost twice the price for a small volume advantage I thought I'd try the Bebob's first and see how they do.

Trevor Meier
05-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Also, plugging again that multiple sizes/WHr of these Redvolt-V's would be amazing :)

Mestizo Devon
05-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Bump

small redvolt XL mount batts

brian hanson
05-19-2016, 10:38 PM
need these, any updates on estimated delivery?

Mark Burten
05-26-2016, 03:13 PM
May have missed it but are these going to see 3rd party plates and support from other makers? Also, another vote for Dtap.

Arturo Sánchez
06-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Any update on this?

Jaiden Huang
06-08-2016, 02:09 PM
This is the battery I'm looking for my red scarlet-w! Please make it come alive :-)

Kurtis Imel
06-08-2016, 11:53 PM
These batteries alone sold me on the Scarlet-W v-lock package! So sexy.

Tony Hernandez
07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Any updates on this ? or expected availability ???
Important cause if soon available I prefeer to buy vlock i/o base expander for use with it, if not, then I go for base (non vlock) module for xl batteries, but as there are a lot of complaint about xl batteries ..
Please an update on this

Stacey Spears
07-06-2016, 12:39 PM
May have missed it but are these going to see 3rd party plates and support from other makers? Also, another vote for Dtap.

I may have misunderstood you, so I apologize if I do. In addition to Red, Wooden Camera (http://woodencamera.com/RED/RED-Weapon-Raven-Accessory-Kits/Cable-less-V-Mount-Weapon-Scarlet-W-Raven.html) and Element Technica (https://elementtechnica.com/product/w-v-mount-battery-module/) both offer V-mount cableless battery modules for the DSMC2 family. I believe Offhollywood plans to make plates. There are other 3rd parties as well since Red has opened up the modules. I really like the thumb wheel mounting of the Wooden Camera plates.

but as there are a lot of complaint about xl batteries ..

What kind of complaints? I used them on the EPIC since the Redvolt XL Module and now Weapon. I get 60+ minutes of usage out of them between charges. Only downside is lack of other devices that can use the batteries. e.g. no XL battery plate to use on lights or other accessories like you can with v-mount and AB.

Rob Anderson
07-08-2016, 04:01 AM
I used them on the EPIC since the Redvolt XL Module and now Weapon. I get 60+ minutes of usage out of them between charges. Only downside is lack of other devices that can use the batteries. e.g. no XL battery plate to use on lights or other accessories like you can with v-mount and AB.

100% agreed. I've completely switched over to the XL batteries and love them now.

joshua csehak
07-10-2016, 06:38 AM
What kind of complaints?

My only real complaint is that you have to let the batteries cool off for 5ish minutes before putting them on the charger.

Gavin Greenwalt
07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
100% agreed. I've completely switched over to the XL batteries and love them now.

Biggest problem I have with XLs is that I can't rent them if I leave the country. It's nice to be able to fly to Africa and go to a local rental house and grab a pile of V-Mounts.

Louis Maddalena
07-10-2016, 02:53 PM
The biggest reason why they have not been my main battery is capacity. I feel like only getting an hour out of each one means having to change batteries too often on set.

Karel Šimůnek
07-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Will this battery with V LOCK I/O Expadner on RED RAVEN fit to DJI RONIN MX ? With CP.2 glass?

Björn Benckert
07-15-2016, 03:24 AM
Will this battery with V LOCK I/O Expadner on RED RAVEN fit to DJI RONIN MX ? With CP.2 glass?

I doubt it will. But with the cinemilled weights I think it would work well.

Eric Oh
07-21-2016, 05:04 AM
It's too bad RED doesn't also offer a Gold Mount option. I've never been a fan of V-Mounts as I find their locking method to be not as secure as Gold Mounts.

Jake Wilganowski
07-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Agree

Phil Holland
07-21-2016, 11:04 AM
It's too bad RED doesn't also offer a Gold Mount option. I've never been a fan of V-Mounts as I find their locking method to be not as secure as Gold Mounts.

Element Technica has a nice Gold Mount plate w/ 2X aux power lemos.

Bob Gundu
07-21-2016, 11:20 AM
True. But I think Eric was hoping Red made these new batteries with Gold Mounts.

Eric Oh
07-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Element Technica has a nice Gold Mount plate w/ 2X aux power lemos.

I purchased the WC cableless Gold Mount.

True. But I think Eric was hoping Red made these new batteries with Gold Mounts.

Exactly, Bob.

Karel Šimůnek
08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Thank you

Karel Šimůnek
08-03-2016, 06:03 AM
I doubt it will. But with the cinemilled weights I think it would work well.

Thank you sir

Karel Šimůnek
08-05-2016, 06:50 AM
When this comes out?

Peter Seweryn
08-06-2016, 04:05 AM
When this comes out?

Later this year.

Christopher Staricha
08-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Jarred posted this image on Facebook of Marcos Mello with Helium 8k and REDVOLT-V

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153869073565415&set=a.10152344753360415.1073741826.625665414&type=3&theater

Eric Santiago
08-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Not sure if this was asked but do they work with the older DSMC parts?

Louis Maddalena
08-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Not sure if this was asked but do they work with the older DSMC parts?

They should as they are standard V mount batteries just in a nice thin profile.

Matthew Quinn
08-31-2016, 06:09 PM
These coming out in October also?

Eric Oh
09-04-2016, 10:16 AM
These coming out in October also?

Yes, they're suppose to.

Milano Questa
09-17-2016, 02:10 PM
I so want one these.

Nick Morrison
09-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Im hoping these help with HOT SWAPPING.

Kurtis Imel
09-27-2016, 12:24 PM
I can't wait for these to drop!! Sexiest V-Mount battery there is!

Brent G Miller Jr
10-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Im glad this battery seems to actually be happening.... I'm ordering a stack of these the day it opens up.

Jarred Land
10-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Im glad this battery seems to actually be happening.... I'm ordering a stack of these the day it opens up.

i love em...

Tommaso Alvisi
10-04-2016, 08:30 AM
i love em...

I bet! ;)

These are sooo cool!

What about charging times? Thx!

Mikael Lubtchansky
10-04-2016, 08:31 AM
i love em...

a perfectly sized power solution making the DSMC2 camera system complete ... well almost .... just finalise that new RED lens then we will be all good ;-)

Steve DiMaggio
10-04-2016, 08:33 AM
maybe hold off on 3rd party waiting for these? should be interesting oct 11

Björn Benckert
10-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I only need a few think it will be the perfect ronin counter weight. As I use the Vlock back on the camera and the built in power on the ronin. Swapping batteries on the ronin cause camera, FF and every thing else to shut down. With one of these caked on the back I can cut down on the counterweights and this thing does not take more space than the cables sticking out in the back of camera so no space wasted and really no weight added as I can remove the counterweights. They should not sell ronins without a few of these batteries :)

Reto Scherrer
10-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Are there any news of the new v-lock battery?

Brent G Miller Jr
10-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Any idea when these are going to go on sale?

Luca Orlandi
10-15-2016, 06:50 AM
These will be approx 30 min. of power ?

Tommaso Alvisi
10-15-2016, 07:25 AM
Hopefully just shy of 50min.

Brent G Miller Jr
10-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Should be closer to 40-45. DSMC2 burns approx. 60w per hour.

Schuster
10-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Jarred - any hints on when these batteries will drop?

Jarred Land
10-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Jarred - any hints on when these batteries will drop?

Tooling is already done... We already have a bunch. But we gotta wait for certification still before we can sell them.

Some new additions to the battery tests with all these cell phones blowing up its likely gonna take till the new year for them to sort out.

Sergio Perez
10-21-2016, 06:23 AM
Better safe than an explosive shot!

Luca Perin
10-21-2016, 05:19 PM
The problem is the technology itself! Gen3 Li-Metal please, or Lithium-air :) maybe in 10 years :(

Antony Newman
10-21-2016, 06:11 PM
In the last couple of years, there has been real progress in creating batteries that are stable / remain stable when you tempt them into thermal run-away.

Prologium 'ceramic-'lithium line looks like a step in the right direction - at least until other promising options make it out of the lab:

http://www.prologium.com.tw/upload/Download/20150302-16190635.pdf

AJ

Luca Perin
10-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Wow :) I really hope they'll implement this in the near future!

David Bourla
10-22-2016, 04:49 AM
It's the back of this battery that interests me most. A high-placed V mount would really make the form factor finally work.

Kerrin Sheldon
10-22-2016, 09:14 AM
I can't wait for these. Going to be awesome.

vincent kardasik
11-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Would it be possible in a close future, the same type of battery, with the same shape and same height but with more depth and so more running time?

Schuster
11-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Jarred_

Can you post some pics of the battery on a Scarlet-W or Epic-W with the Red v-lock i/o expander?

AndreeMarkefors
11-03-2016, 12:43 PM
This should be the only battery going forward, in various increasing depths (towards the rear, relative to camera).

One size should obviously be the maximum allowed when travelling by air.

Jacob Ryan
11-03-2016, 11:41 PM
I'd love some 155 capacity, as long as it's only thicker but the same height and width profile.

Luca Perin
11-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Jarred_

Can you post some pics of the battery on a Scarlet-W or Epic-W with the Red v-lock i/o expander?

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/12970823_10153612800910415_3201409766193885248_o.j pg

Schuster
11-04-2016, 10:10 AM
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/12970823_10153612800910415_3201409766193885248_o.j pg

That sits PERFECTLY...

David Hale
11-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted but is there any news on an ETA? I have an Epic-W about to land and large batteries just don't work for my filming environment. These flush small light weight jobbies should do the trick!

Schuster
11-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted but is there any news on an ETA? I have an Epic-W about to land and large batteries just don't work for my filming environment. These flush small light weight jobbies should do the trick!

Jarred said early 2017.

Luca Orlandi
11-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Jarred,
approx. running time with Helium (Weapon / Epic-w) @ 8K res?

Thanks,
Luca.

Jacob Ryan
11-06-2016, 09:32 AM
We need the 155 version.

Brody_B
11-06-2016, 02:08 PM
We need the 155 version.

Yep

vincent kardasik
11-06-2016, 02:09 PM
I'd love some 155 capacity, as long as it's only thicker but the same height and width profile.

+1 I would get rid of all my other V-Mounts...

Karel Šimůnek
11-06-2016, 02:26 PM

Beautiful! Exactly what I need :)

Kevin D'Haeze
11-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Tooling is already done... We already have a bunch. But we gotta wait for certification still before we can sell them.

Some new additions to the battery tests with all these cell phones blowing up its likely gonna take till the new year for them to sort out.

I'd be happy to test several of them out on my Red... strictly for the good of the team, of course... ;)

Tom Van
11-07-2016, 01:27 PM
If these were made stackable, it would add hot-swap functionalities to the DSMC2's lack of.

Miss the DSMC1 side-handle/redvolt and V-lock combo for hot-swapping.

Jason Shelton
11-10-2016, 12:31 PM
This is perfect for glidecam work if the battery lasts about 30 minutes.

Arturo Sánchez
11-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Will this battery work with third party cameras or just with RED?

Jason Shelton
11-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Any update on this battery Jared? I can't wait to start using it.

Ces Peynetti
11-21-2016, 02:15 PM

Something like this would be so nice. For those of us who like hiking many miles with out cameras, shaving off weight and size is always on our radar. Having a battery without an extra thick module behind the camera is the one thing I miss from having a redvolt inside the old side handle. Regardless, I love these and will probably get a few.

Alex Kiritz
11-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Something like this would be so nice. For those of us who like hiking many miles with out cameras, shaving off weight and size is always on our radar. Having a battery without an extra thick module behind the camera is the one thing I miss from having a redvolt inside the old side handle. Regardless, I love these and will probably get a few.

Don't think it will happen. They specifically changed to having all of the ports on removable modules so people wouldn't have to send their whole camera in when one connector broke. The contact points and pins on DSMC modules aren't designed for rough handling and you'd have to attach and detach batteries every time by screwing and unscrewing the four screws.

They already have the solo v-lock battery module if you want to eliminate the weight of having the ports but it only weighs 20% less. The majority of the weight in the module is for the battery attachment.

They'd need to develop their own battery connector format, designed just for lightweight batteries, and make new modules for it to actually save any weight.

Christoffer Glans
12-01-2016, 04:35 AM
What's the travel safety with these? I have a hard time flying with my camera due to the Red Bricks, but these might fix that if it's considered safe for flying (I know it depends on the companies, but in general)

Björn Benckert
12-01-2016, 08:03 AM
What's the travel safety with these? I have a hard time flying with my camera due to the Red Bricks, but these might fix that if it's considered safe for flying (I know it depends on the companies, but in general)

Under 100Wh is safe for flying as long as you take them as carry on. Pretty much the same on all airlines, or they don't know their rules and then you just push and get on. Now almost every airport want to take them aside, swipe you bag and such if carrying batteries so a bit of a hassle but for me small batteries always came trough without out to much problems.

Christoffer Glans
12-19-2016, 04:24 AM
Under 100Wh is safe for flying as long as you take them as carry on. Pretty much the same on all airlines, or they don't know their rules and then you just push and get on. Now almost every airport want to take them aside, swipe you bag and such if carrying batteries so a bit of a hassle but for me small batteries always came trough without out to much problems.

So if I have a set of these with me when flying, that would work you mean?

Eric Oh
12-22-2016, 11:11 AM
So if I have a set of these with me when flying, that would work you mean?

IATA rules to date is that you can HAND CARRY unlimited batteries 100Wh or less and only 2 160Wh. I have 4 Anton Bauer Cine 90s and 2 Cine 150s in a Pelican 1535 Air and have not had any issues flying with them. If you'd like I can send you the IATA rules and regs.

Kurtis Imel
12-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Would love to know the release date on these!! Been checking this forum for months. Never been so excited about a damm battery lol.

ivan friedman
12-26-2016, 05:11 PM
These are fantastic, any news so far??

Ivan

Brent G Miller Jr
01-05-2017, 12:07 AM
I still periodically check the RED store for these batteries. The DAY orders open up I'm grabbing 8 of them plus a charger...

Luca Perin
01-05-2017, 03:42 AM
I still periodically check the RED store for these batteries. The DAY orders open up I'm grabbing 8 of them plus a charger...
I really hope they'll come with a proper small charger ;) ! Pleaseeeeee I need portability as well as lightness!

Scot Yount
01-05-2017, 07:27 AM
I wanted to get some these too, but need a solution now, so just bought some REDVOLT-XLs.

Eirik Nicolai Heim
01-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Need them for my drone and gimbal work! Hope to see them soon!

Brent G Miller Jr
01-09-2017, 11:40 AM
I really hope they'll come with a proper small charger ;) ! Pleaseeeeee I need portability as well as lightness!

For me, that's the whole point of these batteries - portability for over sees filming so +1 on the small portable charger. We already have a stack of Switronix batteries and the Fleet quad charger which isn't great for plane carry-ons.

Gavin Greenwalt
01-13-2017, 04:27 PM
For me, that's the whole point of these batteries - portability for over sees filming so +1 on the small portable charger. We already have a stack of Switronix batteries and the Fleet quad charger which isn't great for plane carry-ons.

I was noticing the same thing when I built out my pelican case. The V-Mount charger takes up as much volume as the brain. It would be amazing to have a compact dual charger.

Chad Lancaster
01-13-2017, 06:58 PM
The paglink travel charger is tiny

Luca Perin
01-14-2017, 05:52 AM
The paglink travel charger is tiny
I'll prefer a MINI quad charger to be able to charge 2xbatteries at the same time! Slick designa, thick as the battery and aluminum ah :)

Mestizo Devon
02-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Jarred, When are these coming??????????????????????

Raphaël Ben
03-01-2017, 03:31 AM
As a new Scarlet-W owner i'm also waiting for those !
Should we wait for the Cine Gear Expo 2017 in June...?

Homer Dulu
03-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Soooooo this just happened...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRHYMOxB5uY

Ben Scott
03-02-2017, 01:59 AM
If there were 48Wh and 95Wh they would be perfect. Add in a longer but not taller 155Wh and that's all I'd need.

AndreeMarkefors
03-02-2017, 05:52 AM
RED should definitely make more sizes of this. At least another, slightly larger one (increasing in depth only) that sits just inside the limit for what most airlines accept.

A Scarlet W body with this power solution, the DSMC2 handle and an EVF/monitor combo—and I almost see a camera I could use!! :smiley:

Too bad there are no cameras around to buy! :smiley:

Dave Weber
03-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Are the specs on these still the same as originally posted?

Mike P.
03-02-2017, 01:01 PM
I definitely love the sleekness of the form factor, but it'd be great if they were ~60wh~75wh (to get a solid hour out of them) and didn't cost an arm and a leg (if they cost more than 96wh v-mounts, than what's the point? Just so your rig looks cool?)... OH, and i hope they don't die/lose 50% charge capacity after 6 months like regular RVs...

Brent G Miller Jr
03-02-2017, 02:30 PM
I definitely love the sleekness of the form factor, but it'd be great if they were ~60wh~75wh (to get a solid hour out of them) and didn't cost an arm and a leg (if they cost more than 96wh v-mounts, than what's the point? Just so your rig looks cool?)... OH, and i hope they don't die/lose 50% charge capacity after 6 months like regular RVs...

The point is small size and light weight - not about "looking cool". for gimbal work and traveling, form factor can be worth its weight in gold when you're hopping on and off planes all day - especially for documentary work.

Mestizo Devon
03-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Price on these????

Stefan Kraus
03-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Welcome addition!

Shawn P
03-03-2017, 09:08 PM
When will the price be announced ?

Mestizo Devon
03-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Crickets:biggrin:

Justin Batchelor
03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Edit : stupid me. Should have read the full post. Looking forward to these.

They seem to exist...any word on availability in store?

https://instagram.com/p/BRHYMOxB5uY/
Any word from RED. My bricks are loosing charge.

Jarred Land
03-22-2017, 03:59 PM

There are lots of options for something like that out there now... I just bought a bunch of the Dynacore Minis that I am testing as we speak and they seem to be pretty good.

Ours are an evolution of the little Redvolt... for those times when you want or need the smallest possible streamlined setup. Very specific. Gimbals or Drones or just the superlight handheld.

Karel Šimůnek
03-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Jarred, when these will be available? :)

Jarred Land
03-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Jarred, when these will be available? :)

next month :)

Karel Šimůnek
03-23-2017, 09:02 AM
next month :)

YES! Thanks :)
I/O V-Lock Expander and these next month and I'm ready! :)

Karel Šimůnek
03-31-2017, 02:31 AM
Jarred, do you know the price? :) And how long the battery lasts on Scarlet-W with 4.7touch?

Alvise Tedesco
03-31-2017, 06:13 AM
V-lock only or AB as well? Don't remember

Mestizo Devon
03-31-2017, 06:23 AM
Anton bauer, Do it!

Anton Shavlik
04-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Just saw on facebook that these will be out next friday.

47WH 0.80LBS $250 for one or $225 each for a 3 pack.. no accompanying charger has been designed, just use whatever v-mount charger you already have.

Also saw that the new V-Mount module has power lemo port for the camera / charging.

Mestizo Devon
04-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Just saw on facebook that these will be out next friday.

47WH 0.80LBS $250 for one or $225 each for a 3 pack.. no accompanying charger has been designed, just use whatever v-mount charger you already have.

Also saw that the new V-Mount module has power lemo port for the camera / charging.Nice and light! Anton Bauer??????

Rich Miro
04-14-2017, 07:02 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/f95Z35/Screen_Shot_2017_04_14_at_5_49_51_PM.png

Brent G Miller Jr
04-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Anton? Where did you see the new V-mount module? Are there more photos and details posted anywhere?

Adolfo CV
04-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Anton? Where did you see the new V-mount module? Are there more photos and details posted anywhere?

This most definitely looks like a new V-lock module and I think I spy a DC-IN port on the side? Which would make perfect sense to keep the package light but allow the the option to plug in, maybe charge the battery?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=96717&stc=1&d=1492231084

Anton Shavlik
04-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Yep, and Jarred more or less confirmed it in the comments on that photo.

Glen David Miller
04-15-2017, 02:45 PM
A Power Question - Power Cubes -

Has anyone ever wondered why someone hasn't made battery modules with front and back connectors without a specific mount? It's a little "Cube" of power. 45WH per cube. You want 90WH, screw two together. Want 135WH, screw a third one onto the first two. 180... yep, put four together.

And then, there are three or four little metal plates with the mounts - that makes the batteries what ever you want or need on the day - V-Mount, Gold, Redvolt, Tap.

Maybe there's a thin cover to seal up the front connector and maybe make them water resistant - and cool looking.

You could even make a product to jump start cars - mass produce them - and make them even more inexpensive.

I mean, if this kind of connection works on the RED monitor connectors, why wouldn't it work on batteries?

Maybe I should go patent this? ;)

-Glen

Björn Benckert
04-15-2017, 03:42 PM
A Power Question - Power Cubes -

Has anyone ever wondered why someone hasn't made battery modules with front and back connectors without a specific mount? It's a little "Cube" of power. 45WH per cube. You want 90WH, screw two together. Want 135WH, screw a third one onto the first two. 180... yep, put four together.

And then, there are three or four little metal plates with the mounts - that makes the batteries what ever you want or need on the day - V-Mount, Gold, Redvolt, Tap.

Maybe there's a thin cover to seal up the front connector and maybe make them water resistant - and cool looking.

You could even make a product to jump start cars - mass produce them - and make them even more inexpensive.

I mean, if this kind of connection works on the RED monitor connectors, why wouldn't it work on batteries?

Maybe I should go patent this? ;)

-Glen

I think because there is some crazy rules how to make/sell batteries.

Brent G Miller Jr
04-17-2017, 11:11 PM
I can't be the only one that set a phone alarm for Friday morning to remind me to order these. Feels like Christmas is coming or something :-)

Luca Perin
04-18-2017, 06:23 AM
Is the new V-mount module Jarred was showing on Facebook coming this Friday or in June at The Cinegear? :)

Brent G Miller Jr
04-18-2017, 01:06 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/f95Z35/Screen_Shot_2017_04_14_at_5_49_51_PM.png

Supposedly this Friday?

Luca Perin
04-18-2017, 03:35 PM
I hooooope so :) the batteries for sure! I hope also the new module!!!

Mike P.
04-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Have they shown them hooked up to the DSMC1 quickplate yet? Do they conform to the camera footprint as snug as they do on DSMC2?

Brent G Miller Jr
04-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Batteries are up for sale right now. I just ordered 6.

Tim Bonython
04-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Make 'em piggy back like the PAGs and your going in the right direction.

Karel Šimůnek
04-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Jarred, is smaller and lighter charger than the one for RED Bricks on the way? :)

Jason Shelton
04-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Has anyone received these batteries? I am receiving mine from RED tomorrow afternoon. I will take pictures and post my thoughts when I receive them tomorrow. Let me know if you all have any questions that I can answer. Cheers!

Tommaso Alvisi
04-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks Jason!

Which charger do you have?

How many A can output?

Please let us know real world charging times!

Jason Shelton
04-27-2017, 07:37 PM
My RedVolt showed up today! Super light and really small! Thank you Jarred for making these amazing batteries. After two tests I get about 35-40 minutes of use. There are some pictures comparing the size against the DynaCore 155 batteries which are amazing as well.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/v67x5f.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2w6dxm1.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/zo85th.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/jpc84m.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2s9rsl0.jpg

Kevin D'Haeze
04-28-2017, 07:32 AM
My RedVolt showed up today! Super light and really small! Thank you Jarred for making these amazing batteries. After two tests I get about 35-40 minutes of use.

Can you fill me in on what you did for your tests? Is that 35-40 minutes continuous record time?

Shawn P
04-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Looks amazing. Can you share how long the continuous run times are ?

Jason Shelton
04-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Yes. I did a continues record test and got around the 38 to 39 minute mark. Thank you!

Elsie N
04-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Yes. I did a continues record test and got around the 38 to 39 minute mark. Thank you!

Cool that you did that. Hoping you will redo the test after 25, 50, 100 cycles and share those findings here.

MarcMalkowski
04-29-2017, 06:18 AM
I would really like to see the new REDVOLT-V attached to a DSMC(1) Epic with the genuine RED V-Mount plate... anyone?

Anthony Berenato Jr
04-29-2017, 02:11 PM
They're so much smaller than I expected. That comparison with the Dyna 155s is definitely revealing. Might need a set of these to save the arms on run and gun days. :)

Mike P.
05-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Any pics yet of how it sits on the DSMC Quickplate?

Josh Nataros
06-18-2017, 01:57 AM
Just did a test on my Epic-W...

Hit record and yanked DC power at the same time to see how long it would last recording 8K r3d @30fps... Used the DSMC V-Mount expander, EF lens, side handle, and 7" DSMC2 touch monitor.

Got exactly 36 mins before the shutdown prompt popped up.... not too bad! :)

Great form factor for a V-Mount!!

Meryem Ersoz
07-02-2017, 12:21 AM
just a thank you to RED for making these.

REDVOLT-V....you complete me.

pure battery bliss.