PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 RAW

Christoffer Glans
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
I was working with some still photographs in CS3's RAW tools. What I like about CS3's tool is it's ability improve the "fill light" so that dark areas gets a brighter while the highlights stay the same. Now, if you make it almost 100% it looks like an IR-photography.

What exactly is the technology behind this? Is it possible to make a similar option for when working with redcode RAW files?

Dj Joofa
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
What exactly is the technology behind this? Is it possible to make a similar option for when working with redcode RAW files?

I think you may use Curves for that purpose.

amrrahmy
06-17-2008, 09:08 PM
u can export a portion of the video into images, play in photoshop and import back to ur editing application

amrrahmy
06-17-2008, 09:24 PM
but there are allot of softwares that can manipulate color and light.

Christoffer Glans
06-18-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm talking about CS3's RAW handling tool, not photoshop's usual tools.
This is not curves, it's a sort of "negative" exposure that balance up the dark areas but keep the highlights.

It does not look at all like when you change curves. What I mean is that this tool together with the other RAW functions in CS3 gives the option to create really high dynamic images, almost IR-like without getting too much noise.
I'd like to see something similar in redcine or red alert.

amrrahmy
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
i dont know how much info u can get out of the tiff's, but u can use the tiff's as negative in photosohop, lightroom, apreture, and some other image software.
and some plug-ins make's u change the tiff's to raws. if the tiff's have the info.

Tom Lowe
06-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Good question. I know what you are talking about.