PDA

View Full Version : DSMC2 Run & Gun Case.

Asher Vast
03-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm working on a Run&Gun Case for the Epic-W, Scarlet-W and Raven. This allows you to store many DSMC2 rigs fully built and ready to roll. I'm still revising a couple depths and sizes but it's very close to done. We will be selling these on Cinecase.com once they're ready.

Bérenger Brillante
03-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Cool, which peli is it ?
Can you list us what can be inserted ?

Asher Vast
03-07-2017, 11:48 AM
The case is an SKB 3i-2213.

Here's what can be inserted:

3X Mini-Mags
3X OLPF Cases
2X 4X4 Filters
1X Power Cable

The rest of the cavities are for whatever you choose.

Bérenger Brillante
03-07-2017, 11:55 AM
And the monitor on the side of the main emplacement also :)

Max size of the battery behind ?
Emplacement for a reader ?
About the filter slot, maybe you should do one slot to fit them all, so that we could also fit 77mm filters.

Is there a bottom plate on the camera for 15mm rods, or maybe the mattebox is a clip on ?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I have been doing the same on sketchup this past weekend. And yours looks nicer.

Joel Arvidsson
03-07-2017, 01:00 PM
This is how i like to work, to no disasemble all when just moving around a set or driving a mile. But i dont have this fancy solution. I like it, mut as of now i have a dsmc1 lcd up on the top handke. Could it still fit the case?

Do yo know any cases that would fit two cameras?

Jack Allred
03-07-2017, 01:44 PM
I like.

Jan Schuster
03-07-2017, 09:09 PM
And the monitor on the side of the main emplacement also :)

Max size of the battery behind ?
Emplacement for a reader ?
About the filter slot, maybe you should do one slot to fit them all, so that we could also fit 77mm filters.

Is there a bottom plate on the camera for 15mm rods, or maybe the mattebox is a clip on ?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I have been doing the same on sketchup this past weekend. And yours looks nicer.

+1.

Would be great if you could fit 3 x 4x5.65 filters.

Having 15mm rails fit into that setup would have to happen for me. Looks like there's room to keep a Oconnor DM follow focus on there too without the wheel.

Seems like you could put the RedMag card holders closer together to save space. Possibly only have two spots for RedMags and a 3rd could stay in camera.

Would be great to have a card reader slot.

Solid build/layout so far!

Asher Vast
03-08-2017, 12:45 AM
Joel, if you replaced the lid foam with a thinner layer it may work. I'm not aware of a case that houses multiple cameras but I've never looked either ;)

Asher Vast
03-08-2017, 08:28 PM
I made some modifications based on everyone's input.

Here's what I revised:

Changed the two 4X4 filter slots to four 4x5.65 filter slots.
Added a cavity for the MiniMag Reader
Added an extra Minimag cavity for a total of 4 slots
Lengthened the Mattebox area to allow for larger Matteboxes

I attached a screen cap of the revised design.

If you have additional ideas, let me know.

Asher Vast
03-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Here's some recent pictures with a Wireless Follow Focus attached.

Björn Benckert
03-17-2017, 03:29 AM
To me best way to build a case for a rigged camera is to have a short dove tail mounted on a dampner in the bottom of the case. And then simply lock the camera on to it. If just putting the camera into a foam put like the one above things could quite easily go south if the bag is hit in a way so the cameras weight is forced upon the lens or such. But with the dove tail solution the case can be bumped around quite a lot before camera gets affected.

I seen such cases both with metal wire dampening and with some hard rubber solution for the dampening which seem to work great. And then if case is big enough, mattbox or size of lens etc does not matter / can be altered without problem.

Mark L. Pederson
03-17-2017, 05:05 AM
To me best way to build a case for a rigged camera is to have a short dove tail mounted on a dampner in the bottom of the case. And then simply lock the camera on to it.

Amen.