PDA

View Full Version : Call to RED/Avid Users

MichaelP
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello All -

We are getting close to having our first milestone of RED/Avid solutions ready. In that effort, I am looking for a couple of things from anyone who might want to help with those efforts - range from technical to marketing.

If your interest and passion have been piqued, please email me at:

michael(underscore)phillips(@)avid(dot)com

Michael(P)

Vigen Vartanov
07-30-2008, 02:19 PM
sorry have no AVID station . :(

Jason Diamond
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
i sent you an email btw.

Chris Parker
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
i would highly recommend using the services of jason diamond. the man is a true gentleman, and he knows his shit. i have never met him, but he has helped me selflessly a couple of times via this forum and the phone, and it was a pleasure dealing with him.

AVID would be better for working with this guy.

my 2 cents...

Wayne D
07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi MichaelP - if there is anything we can do will be glad to help.

laguun
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Michael - will we see native redcode raw support as adobe premiere cs 3 will offer within avid or will one need to transcode?

MichaelP
07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Difficult to answer at this time since we have not seen the SDK. We do have plans for native support as we move forward. You will most likely see it in Avid DS first as it already supports RGB, 2K, 4K, LUT, etc. Offline for the foreesable feature will still be a transcode.

Michael

Michael - will we see native redcode raw support as adobe premiere cs 3 will offer within avid or will one need to transcode?

MichaelP
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I know Jason well and he is a great guy and we are working together and have been for a while. I had a great lunch with Jason and Ian Bloom a few months back and am looking froward to doing that again soon.

Michael

i would highly recommend using the services of jason diamond. the man is a true gentleman, and he knows his shit. i have never met him, but he has helped me selflessly a couple of times via this forum and the phone, and it was a pleasure dealing with him.

AVID would be better for working with this guy.

my 2 cents...