PDA

View Full Version : lustre 3DLuts into SCRATCH?

Kim
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Last year, when I finish offline editing, then our film was graded with Autodesk Lustre at a oversea post house. When everything was finished, we were satisfied with our film color. I asked to copy LUTs from there for backup later.

And now with RedOne shooting, we have to look for house with SCRATCH system to do R3D.
So I am wondering can SCRATCH read my 3DLuts?

Thanks
Kim.

John Tissavary
08-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Couple of issues - first,the LUT doesn't load into Scratch as is. Likely it's not too hard to do some sort of translation, but...

The main issue is that this look was created to make your source footage from that particular camera look the way you wanted. You don't say what camera you used, but it's probably not Red, right?

If it was any other camera besides a Red One:

Red footage going to very different than the footage your Lustre LUT made look right. You're going to have to create a whole new grade even if you are able to translate, then import this Lustre 3D LUT into Scratch.

regards,

John T.

Lucas Wilson
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

Last year, when I finish offline editing, then our film was graded with Autodesk Lustre at a oversea post house. When everything was finished, we were satisfied with our film color. I asked to copy LUTs from there for backup later.

And now with RedOne shooting, we have to look for house with SCRATCH system to do R3D.
So I am wondering can SCRATCH read my 3DLuts?

Thanks
Kim.

Kim,

Lustre and SCRATCH's LUTs are almost identical in format. The problem is - what you have attached is not a 3D LUT.

From what I can tell - it is basically a "recipe" for generating a cube, but it is not a LUT.

Lucas
------
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA