PDA

View Full Version : GROUP BUY - Teradek RT (Wireless FIZ/Record SS)

Phil Holland
05-23-2019, 04:36 PM
Alrighty, a bunch of you asked for it after NAB, and here we are with a Group Buy that covers the Teradek RT MDR.ACI as well as the new MDR.X receiver.

http://www.phfx.com/temp/reduser/phfx_REDuser_TeradekRTGroupbuy2019.jpg

Group Buy Details

This Group Buy covers 1 and 3 Motor Kits. With the option to order an additional motor if desired. The kits include literally everything you need in terms of cables and batteries.

For those of you new to the Teradek RT ecosystem, he's a short rundown.

Wireless Hand Controller:
- CTRL.3 - This is a 3-axis wireless controller for focus, iris, zoom (my personal favorite btw) that now can integrate with SmallHD Monitors running OS3 to show lens data as overlays, which is really cool. You have the image you are recording and scales right there on the display. It also stores lens mapping, has Bluetooth integration for the IOS App, and you can also control Record Start/Stop wirelessly.

Receivers:
- Universal Motor Driver Reciever = MDR.X - This is the newest, like shipping this month, 3-channel receiver that works with any modern digital cinema camera. There's integrated RED camera control as well, an OLED screen for lens info, and Bluetooth support for the IOS App.

- RED DSMC2 Integrated Motor Driver Receiver = MDR.ACI - This one is specifically designed for RED DSMC2 cameras and provides the larger LCD screen with the simplified menu structure. This mounts directly to the camera where your Sidekick would normally be on the Assistant Side of the camera.

Lens Motor:
- MOTR.X - This is the newest and fastest silent lens motor in the industry. The new aspect of these is the in/out passing data and power for a "less gack rig" via daisy chaining. There's identifier LEDs to quickly set focus/iris/zoom.

What does this Group Buy cover?
Your choice of 4 separate kits (1 or 3 motor) comprised of the CTRL.3 controller (3-axis), MOTR.X high-torque motors, and either the MDR.X or MDR.ACI receiver. Also you have the option of adding a motor.

CTRL.3 / MDR.X / MOTR.X - Works with any camera
- Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (1-motor) ) ($8,999.95 MSRP) - what's included? (https://teradek.com/collections/teradek-rt-carte/products/ctrl-3-kit?variant=14834267324461)
- Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (3-motor) ($11,999.95 MSRP) - what's included? (https://teradek.com/collections/teradek-rt-carte/products/ctrl-3-deluxe-kit?variant=14832908107821)

CTRL.3 / MDR.ACI / MOTR.X - Works with RED DSMC2 bodies
- Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (1-motor) ($8,999.95 MSRP) - what's included *
- Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (3-motor) ($11,999.95 MSRP) - what's included *

** generally the same as the MDR.X kits, but sans the cables needed for the MDR.X

MOTR.X
- Teradek MOTR.X (MSRP $2,499.95)

Group Buy Tiers
- Tier 1: 1 to 9 kits - 15% discount from MSRP
- Tier 2: 10 to 19 kits - 20% discount from MSRP
- Tier 3: 20+ kits - 25% discount from MSRP

Shipping and Payment Details

- Available to all countries, except Russia and select areas in Brazil.
- Shipping Costs will be calculated based on order quantity, shipping address, and desired shipping method/speed
- Sales Tax applicable within states of California & New York
- Units are in stock and will begin shipping at the end of the Group Buy
- Payment will be accepted via approved Credit Card, PayPal, or Wire Transfer
- All orders will be fulfilled by Creative Solutions from Irvine, CA. Purchaser is responsible for any applicable shipping charges, taxes, or duties.

How to place your order
- Make a post in this thread stating which kit you would like to purchase
- Once you’ve been added to the list and the GB has ended, I will send you a form to process your order.

Group Buy Active Dates: 05/23/2019 - 06/18/2019

Phil Holland
05-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Reserved for people who want to use the force. Group participants.

1. Peter Lay - Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (3-motor)
2. Jeremiah McLamb - Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (1-motor)

Tom Dowler
05-24-2019, 01:55 PM
One question for you, Phil: how does the FIZ communicate the focus distance info to the SmallHD monitors for on-screen overlay?

EDIT: Answered my own question: https://teradek.com/blogs/articles/how-teradek-rt-works-with-your-smallhd-monitor - via hard-wire cable.

DJ Meyer
05-24-2019, 01:59 PM
Good thing i just bought 2 entire kits...doh.

Anyway these are dope. You all should buy them.

Phil Holland
05-24-2019, 03:12 PM
One question for you, Phil: how does the FIZ communicate the focus distance info to the SmallHD monitors for on-screen overlay?

Through wizardry :)

Kidding. You need a few things.

1. A SmallHD display running OS3 firmware 3.4.0 or later.
2. With the CTRL.3 you already have the licensing for lens mapping, the CTRL.1 you need to purchase it for whatever reason
3. The SmallHD/Teradek RT Controller Interface Cable (included with the Group Buy)
4. Connect the cable to your CTRL.3 and plug the USB (it's a 5-pin on the 703 and 703 Bolt) end into the SmallHD
5. On the SmallHD, Add New Tool>Add Ons, select Teradek RT

Then you'll have your Lens Map Overlay which will be interactive to what the controller is doing. You need to have a lens map selected on the CTRL.3 otherwise nothing will be on screen.

Mike Gailing
06-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Just 2 more weeks left in the Group Buy. If any of you have questions, lets hear them. There won't be a discount like this on new RT kit for a long time.

Ivan Verlaan
06-05-2019, 08:46 PM
I recently bought a full brand-new previous-gen RT kit, and really want to add to it, but can't afford to replace with one of these full kits. I'm very happy with the original controller and receiver... but I would love to jump in on the following two pieces:

1) MDR.ACI

2) Wired thumbwheel

Is there any way we can just purchase the MDR.ACI outside of a big kit?

Also.. This G.B. should be seeing a lot more action! I think the DSMC1 forum still gets more traffic...

Mike Gailing
06-06-2019, 05:21 PM
I recently bought a full brand-new previous-gen RT kit, and really want to add to it, but can't afford to replace with one of these full kits. I'm very happy with the original controller and receiver... but I would love to jump in on the following two pieces:

1) MDR.ACI

2) Wired thumbwheel

Is there any way we can just purchase the MDR.ACI outside of a big kit?

Also.. This G.B. should be seeing a lot more action! I think the DSMC1 forum still gets more traffic...

Hey Ivan,

Unfortunately, the only single SKU available in this GB are the motors. Everything else must come as a kit. You can always shoot an email to Kyle@teradek.com to see if there are any other options outside of the GB.

Jeremiah McLamb
06-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks for putting this together Phil!

Put me down for:

CTRL.3 / MDR.ACI / MOTR.X
- Teradek CTRL.3 Wireless Lens Control Kit (1-motor)

Phil Holland
06-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Added you Jeremiah. Cine Gear is a tough time for a Group Buy, but so far a couple of you are saving 15% which more than covers tax if that's hitting you guys.

Got a couple other peeps feeling this GB, but with 3 days to go we'll see if we can at least get to Tier 2.

Domenic Barbero
06-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Mike, I have an older RTmotion 3.1 kit. I saw there were some upgrades available? Whats possible for us older model users to get into a new kit?

Ryan Hamelin
06-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Hey Phil,

Is it possible people aren't seeing this Groupbuy since they normally get posted in the DSMC1 AKS section instead? Might be worth syndicating it in both and seeing if you get more eyeballs on it.

Mike Gailing
06-16-2019, 11:00 AM
Mike, I have an older RTmotion 3.1 kit. I saw there were some upgrades available? Whats possible for us older model users to get into a new kit?

Here you go!

https://teradek.com/pages/teradek-rt-upgrade-program