PDA

View Full Version : Wireless incident metering

E.J. Sadler
09-11-2008, 09:43 AM
One of the great time wasters when shooting manually on the run is metering with an incident meter and setting the exposure on the camera. Much like our Sekonics can trigger our radio strobes, it would be the coolest thing in the world to be able to have the trigger on the meter automagiwirelessly transmit those settings to the camera and set the ISO/f-stop/shutter speed.

E.J. Sadler
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
If you could have a continuous transmit mode, or remote trigger, you could set the meter up just outside of your frame or hidden within it and have a 'read' button on the camera that would update exposure information when ever you needed to.

Am I asking too much to have this with multiple channels so I can have more than one meter in more than one location so I can remotely meter during an event which doesn't allow me to re-meter?

VikramTank
09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I definitely agree. I would love the ability to use my incident meter wirelessly with with the red camera at least to get a base reading. I also want some memory modes to take me straight to common exposure values that I like to use.

pcunite
09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Very good idea. I would personally need about 4 to do wedding. Hide them around the building. PP them out if they happen to make it into a shot.