PDA

View Full Version : Is Out to Tape and a ProRes Box Simultaneously Possible

indierider
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey I have a 30 day gig in Africa where we will return with 13tb or so of R3D. Deliverables are primary graded HD Cam and ProRes 422HQ or an Uncompressed HD codec. I know that Scratch can go to tape realtime but I was wondering if Scratch can go out to Tape and out to a ProRes Box{AJA I/O HD or Matrox} simultaneously in realtime.

Thanks

Blair S. Paulsen
10-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I haven't done it yet but I assume you can just loop through the SDI feed into the second device. I have laid off to SR @ 4:4:4 and to ProRes via the io/hd individually with no issues and since the SDI signal path is so widely supported it should be as easy as adding another BNC cable. Might make sense to have a tri-level sync generator on hand as well.

M Most
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey I have a 30 day gig in Africa where we will return with 13tb or so of R3D. Deliverables are primary graded HD Cam and ProRes 422HQ or an Uncompressed HD codec. I know that Scratch can go to tape realtime but I was wondering if Scratch can go out to Tape and out to a ProRes Box{AJA I/O HD or Matrox} simultaneously in realtime.

Yes, if you don't care about time code. If that's not the case, it gets a bit more involved.