PDA

View Full Version : cs4 and scratch help needed badly. thanks

Obin Olson
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Hello guys, I am pretty new at scratch and need some help.

Ok specs first:
build 490 quad xeon machine geForce 6600 Nvidia card 4GB ram
RED build 17 footage 4k

Ok, when I export an EDL from premiere and load that EDL into scratch and then "Assemble" from the CONSTRUCT it does so but the files are incorrect IN and OUT points...can someone walk me through a very basic EDL from cs4 and have it work?

Obin Olson
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
also how on earth do I DELETE a project in scratch? I have tons of "test" projects now and can't find a way to bin them!

Obin Olson
10-27-2008, 12:01 PM
any help would be fantastic as client is waiting....

Stacey Spears
10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
To delete a project you must do it from Windows explorer, not within SCRATCH itself. The project is a folder under the assimilator directory. There will be a folder for each project.

Are you sure the time codes in the EDL are correct? I know when I exported an EDL from FCP, some of the time codes were off. I don't know how reliable Premiere is. The good news is that you can fix the issue inside of SCRATCH, within the edit module. Assuming you have exported a QT reference movie from Premiere, you can import the QT into SCRATCH and view it side-by-side your conformed edit/timeline. From the edit module, you can slip the edit forward and backword to line up the frames so that your conform matches your reference QT. It works well.

You can see an example of them using the edit module to fix an edit in one of the SCRATCH tutorials: http://tutorials.assimilated.us/ (I think it might be video # 3)

One other tip. When it comes time to actually process your output from SCRATCH, be sure to set the show and process RED settings to the same setting.

Obin Olson
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
can't find that "assimilator" folder or files ?

EDL after bringing in and linking up also has blue frames throughout the time line...why?

Lucas Wilson
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
can't find that "assimilator" folder or files ?

EDL after bringing in and linking up also has blue frames throughout the time line...why?

Hey Obin,

Have been in meetings all morning. Got your emails. Call me when you get a sec.

Lucas

Stacey Spears
10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
How many video tracks are in your EDL? FYI - You can only have one.

Obin Olson
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
all on one track, no audio, single track1 for video CUTS ONLY

Lucas Wilson
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
all on one track, no audio, single track1 for video CUTS ONLY

Hey Obin,

Responded on email as well.

The EDL you included in email states that you are cutting in Drop Frame. Is this the case?? If so, I am not surprised it doesn’t match up, as 29.97DF will never match up with 24fps source material.

Lucas

Obin Olson
10-29-2008, 08:30 PM
ahhh...that makes sense. all good now. ;)

thanks