PDA

View Full Version : Why no PL + Monstro?

Ryan Patch
11-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Sure that someone has a reason, but it seems like PL mount users would want to use Monstro, with it's "13+" stops of latitude. With this whole push's buzzword being "configurability", it would make sense that a Monstro sensor would find it's way behind a PL mount in one of these...

I'm sure there's a reason. Someone want to help me see?

Emery Wells
11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Pretty sure you'll be able to slap a PL on a Monstro. Jarred alluded to it in another thread.

Michele Gavazzeni
11-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe the answer is in what RED erroneously called pixel size...(photo-sites size is correct) .

Mysterium-X is 5.4micron
Monstro is 6.0micron

Bigger photo-sites need more space to be layed down and the sensor has become bigger 36x24mm too big for S35 & PL mounts.
Btw the a PL mount could work also on a FF sensor the same way B4 lenses have worked with RED One.

ygo
11-14-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't get it, why do you guys want to go backward by using PL-mount for small little sensor? Bigger sensor, now your selection are Nikon and Canon lenses.

C.H.Haskell
11-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Ygo its about options...if your a professional working in the industry then you know you PL is a standard, no argument about it. Jarred did not elude, I believe he stated the PL is hot swapable on the FF35, of course you will need to shoot in a windowed mode. Question is the windowed FF35 going to really exceed that of a S35. Expect everything to change anyways.

Dylan Macleod, CSC
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't get it, why do you guys want to go backward by using PL-mount for small little sensor? Bigger sensor, now your selection are Nikon and Canon lenses.

Because the FF35 is the first level at which you get Monstro and extra dynamic range.