PDA

View Full Version : SCARLET or EPIC with RED Parts?

cinemano
11-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Okay a silly question for sure.. but if someone has bought parts for the RED like the LCD, the RED Bricks and chargers, etc.. can we use them on the EPIC or SCARLETS or must i rebuy those too?

What are the minimal parts needed for the EPIC to work?
EPIC Brain enough?

Steven-Marc C.
11-14-2008, 05:22 AM
This should at least partly answer your question. I have seen posted somewhere that the EVF will also be compatible.

http://www.redgrabs.com/up/1226647790.jpg

Andrae Palmer
11-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Many things will be compatible... the true question is... will you even want to use them? Having the choice between a 1080p EVF or a 720p EVF... thats no choice for me... BombEVF here I come. Same with newer batteries, storage, etc.

cinemano
11-14-2008, 05:36 AM
hehe course id want them.. just not sure ill be able to afford them too.. Hope the LCD works on it?

Jean Déraps
11-14-2008, 08:01 AM
This is a nice picture...I'm just wondering where all the cables and connectors go...

Should there be a connector for the LCD, there's no reason why it should work...

Joel Kaye
11-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Many things will be compatible... the true question is... will you even want to use them? Having the choice between a 1080p EVF or a 720p EVF... thats no choice for me... BombEVF here I come. Same with newer batteries, storage, etc.

Sounds good on paper but I'd have to seem 'em side by side. Something that struck me when 1:1 focusing came out was how accurate I had been all along in full frame 720P with edge focus assist. Pretty much bang on... so I have to wonder how much better in reality it will really be for focusing... I'm already there.

Now if it's half the weight... THAT would get my attention.

Häakon
11-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Should there be a connector for the LCD, there's no reason why it should work...

hehe course id want them.. just not sure ill be able to afford them too.. Hope the LCD works on it?

This image: http://red.cachefly.net/13/page9.jpg clearly states, "or use your existing RED-LCD and RED-EVF."