PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Gregory Leno
11-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Dear Jim and Company,

I'm not a fan boy and don't want to add to the noise here.
But I just want to go on record saying that I think the new camera announcements are nothing short of freaking brilliant.

I am one of those struggling to make money with my RED One and I was concerned at first about my investment after the announcement on the 13th.
At the risk of stating the obvious, I think myself, and some others, have been mistaken on where we will get the return on our investment.
For those of us who shoot, produce, or direct, it's not on the camera itself but on what is created with it.
The RED camera is not a stock option, it is a tool. As such you are not responsible for me making money with the RED One... I am.

There is a lot of noise second guessing your motives, but I want you guys at RED to know that I take you at your word when you say your main motivation is one of creating the best camera products on the planet. I hope you will continue with as much dedication and passion as you have demonstrated in the last 2 years.

I said I'm not a fan boy, and I'm not. I will critique your work and hold you to account for statements and commitments you make, just as I assume you would me.
But I want add my voice to say that you have earned my respect and deep admiration. The RED One is still the greatest camera I have had the privilege of owning, and as I said, the new products and systems you've announced are simply brilliant.

Thank you for what you are doing.

Greg

albert rudnicki
11-16-2008, 06:28 AM
fan boy:)

Gregory Leno
11-16-2008, 08:27 AM
fan boy:)

I keep trying not to be. But it's hard sometimes. :blush: