PDA

View Full Version : interchangeable mounts

Gary Stone
11-20-2008, 09:38 AM
the brochure released on the 13th says "Mounts include power and intelligent lens data interfaces."

does this mean the mounts just relay focus/apeture data to the viewfinder, or that it actually controls focus/apeture ala the birger mount?

Elizabeth Lowrey
11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
I asked this question in an earlier thread (scroll to the bottom of the page):

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22045&page=2

Sounds to me like there's too much uncertainty right now about mount parameters for them to feel comfortable proffering even completely retractable descriptions.

ETA: However if the intention is to really make these cameras alternatives to DSLRs, it's pretty obvious the lens mounts will have to be highly intelligent.

Gary Stone
12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
nobody else wants to chime in on this? any info about what this means? please no more "birger mount" style 3rd party stuff...

Paul Brand
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
the brochure released on the 13th says "Mounts include power and intelligent lens data interfaces."

does this mean the mounts just relay focus/apeture data to the viewfinder, or that it actually controls focus/apeture ala the birger mount?

Others that know more about mount technology can elaborate, but I would like to see the B4 mount for the 2/3" Scarlet not only include the mechanical/optical mount for the lens, but also a 12pin standard connector to allow lens auto exposure, zoom servo power, record stop/start, and pass back settings info to the viewfinder. Perhaps these kind of input/outputs can be incorporated into the interchangeable mounts so the brains talk to all the mounts through some kind of common interface.

paul