PDA

View Full Version : Wifi footage stream

Eric Ulbrich
11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
So I'm curious as to how the breakout box will be able to stream footage over a network. This is a really cool idea but I'm skeptical about being able to stream something as large as 9k.... Any thoughts? Will it be proxy streaming or full RAW files.

Darren Orange
11-25-2008, 05:39 PM
It could be done....today...sure....I don't think there's much reason for it yet, however I could be wrong. Also having a wireless transfer while recording on camera seems like double protection to me. In case the camera encounters a large hard object at 50 miles a hour.

Brian J.M. Rytel
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
4K RedCode runs at 24-36MB/s that's MegaBytes, not MegaBits! Wi-Fi runs at 54Mb(its)/s in G, ~120Mb/s in N. Either way 4K RedCode won't likely fit. An of course, at 9K we could assume (and make an """ out of U and ME) that it would run roughly double (ie 48-72MB/s). So I don't think RedCode will end up wireless.

Oh, yeah there aren't any displays that can playback 9K anyway...
So, it is probably some other resolution or:

I misunderstood your question and you meant: how could we replace a SATA cable with no cable?

36 MB is 288 Mbs. IBM has developed this: http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_projects.nsf/pages/mmwave.sixtygig.html
Which can run at 630 Mb/s, or 2.2 times 4K RedCode, roughly what I would expect 9K data rates. Also, I am positive that RedCode has changed/improved for the new sensor technology and framerates.

Brian J.M. Rytel
11-25-2008, 05:57 PM
By the way that response took me 4.5 minutes and one Google search: "high speed wireless network".

The internet amazes me too often.