PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas ...

AdventureGuide
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
All I want for Christmas is a ready-to-use, out-of-the-box Scarlet. Just a simple one. In fact, what I REALLY want is a Scarlet that works and feels like a Sony EX1/EX3, but with 2K or 3K REDCODE/RAW.

I DON'T need super-fast frame rates. (60P "would" be nice.) I don't need a S35 or FF35 sensor. (2/3 is fine with me!) What I DO need is a 12-14X built-in lense, an easily hand-held form factor, some way to record LONG shots/scenes (more than just 8 minutes per card), and good battery life. (I would be using this camera on extended camping and out-door expeditions.)

I know it may be asking way too much, but could I PLEASE get a simple, yet medium/high resolution camera? The Sony EX-Series will work fine for me, but I would REALLY like to get a slightly higher resolution.

AND, I am willing to pay the same price as an EX series camera. $8K is not out of the question, but I NEED the camera to be ready to shoot out-of-the-box.

Thanks, Jim, for reading this. And I hope that "Santa" can make this kind of camera.

Cheers!

Jim McCrain
www.TexianMedia.com

Andrew Gentle
12-01-2008, 10:11 PM
could I PLEASE get a simple, yet medium/high resolution camera?

Would you like fries with that? :turned:

FMG battery
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Would you like fries with that? :turned::) :)

something also really funny is "I am willing to pay the same price as an EX series camera. $8K is not out of the question, but I NEED the camera to be ready to shoot out-of-the-box"

would you accept a suggestion?.. you're in the wrong forum.. not sure where sonyuser is.. or even sony has one.. but that "ready to shoot out-of-the-box" is more than only funny.. not sure about the price of any EX series.. asking here the sony price range is the same as asking to the mistress the same as you usually have at home.. :wink:

Gregory Karydis
12-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Yep, the mistress can do so much more...
And she can surprize you ever quite so often :)
Oh and the mistress makes you look so cool with her in your arms.
We are suggesting RED is the mistress, right?

Mark K.
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Just grab yourself an EX3 and a Convergent-Design FlashXDR so you can record in high-end MPEG-2. I think that would be far closer to the camera you're looking for than Scarlet will be.