View Full Version : Multicam Problem in Pr (PC based)
01-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Multicam is a really nice time saving feature, but when I then make a higher resolution timeline, copy the Multicam output timeline to it, and then reset the inporter global settings, it doesn't change like normal timelines do.
Anyone have a "cure" for this.
I have tried different machines, video cards and operating systems.
"Normal" timelines copied to higher resolution ones always work, but the ones created for multicam then copied to higher resolution never do. (So far).
01-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I stumbled accross the same issue while editing a music video and nesting multicam sequences. The work around I came up with involves, closing out of the adobe software and opening the project file with notepad (in Windows, not sure of what text editor to use on Mac) and using the find and replace function to manually replace all the old sequence parameters with your new resolution. Ex.:
If you were editing 512 x 256, and wanted to export at 2048 x 1024 do this:
In the find box - search for "512,256"(quotes are not typed in, just used to delianate text for this example)
In the replace box type "2048,1024"
Once you find and replace all of these settings, save the file, then re-open it in Premiere, and viola, your sequences have all been reset.
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Thank you, I'll give that a try.
02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Just checking back, did that solution work for you?
02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, I'm embarrased to say that I haven't tried it yet.
I think I was using XP Pro (32bit) at the time and have since gone to (Yuch) Vista business 64. Now I never get a file to play smoothly at any setting.
So I am about to try some of the things recomended on Black Viper.
I also have been spending some time trying to get good chroma key and color correction. (Getting close finally).
Obviously, if I can't get any files to play smoothly, I don't need to try to "patch" the multicam settings.
Thanks for your input, hopefully I will get to try your suggestion later.
I did find a work around with multicam before the current problems though, but I don't recall off hand what it was.