PDA

View Full Version : Fast Import DNxHD Files From Scratch?

Russ Lasson
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
So with the latest version of REDRushes, we've been able to export DNxHD files that fast import into AVID. This is great.

But when we render DNxHD files out of Scratch, the DNxHD files don't fast import. Is this working for anyone else? Is this a known issue from AVID? Are AVID and Assimilate in talks to get this figured out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Russ

FYI, also posted on the AVID forum.

John Tissavary
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
So with the latest version of REDRushes, we've been able to export DNxHD files that fast import into AVID. This is great.

But when we render DNxHD files out of Scratch, the DNxHD files don't fast import. Is this working for anyone else? Is this a known issue from AVID? Are AVID and Assimilate in talks to get this figured out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Russ

FYI, also posted on the AVID forum.

Add my vote - we need DNxHD with selectable datarates and Avid fast import.

JT

Blair S. Paulsen
01-25-2009, 03:22 PM
What they said.

MichaelP
01-25-2009, 03:27 PM
The last I heard was RED was going to share with Assimilate how they integrated the QT codec addressing as you see in REDrushes. MetaFuze once released will make DNxHD of all flavors, but won't be a color correction tool as you find in REDCINE. Also, there is no export of an RLX type file in REDCINE to apply the color decisions made. These are the parts of the workflow that still need to be defined.

MetaFuze is still in process. Looking at the audio support before we release.

Michael

Dignan
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
We need this. Bad.

I can sort of understand REDCine not generating DNxHD that can be fast imported in Avid - it's a free tool after all, but Scratch? Really?

Gabriele Turchi
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Is still Like This?

I am really close to Buy Scratch and this is of course a feature that people need..

G

Daniel Esperanssa
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
This have been improved last month.

The Quality control in the QT setup menu controls the DNxHD quality level.
SCRATCH has 5 choices when you select the DNxHD codec and they map like this:

MINIMAL DNxHD36
LOW DNxHD36
NORMAL DNxHD145
HIGH DNxHD220
MAXIMUM DNxHD220

Gabriele Turchi
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Sounds Great!
But now those DNxHD fast import into Avid?

Thanks
G

Gabriele Turchi
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Guys from scratch , so what happen in the last release exporting DNxHD?
I mean is media composer compliant ?

Thanks

G

Ian Karr
06-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Hi,

Apparently the latest version of the AVID codecs will allow fast(er) import of files from SCRATCH. Go to http://www.avid.com/red/ and click on the Avid Resources tab. At the bottom you'll see the 1.10 version of the Avid DNX Quicktime codecs.

Also, you can use METAFUZE (www.avid.com/metafuze) which is a free download that converts QT, R3D, etc. to .MXF files. It's pretty fast...almost 1:1. NOTE: time code is not carried across into these files. Best bet is to manually enter the start frame TC of each clip in METAFUZE before processing.

HTH.