PDA

View Full Version : LUT strange reaction to DPX files.

luis ignacio barrague
01-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi everybody!
I´m working on this new movie with RED ONE.
The workflow is RED ONE -> REDCINE (REDSPACE/REDLOG) EXPORT TO DPX SEQUENCE -> Smoke discreet for cromakey
The problem is that when i use the DPX files on smoke for the cromakey the background and the foreground react very different to the same LUT. The 2 scenes where recorded in diferent days with the same RED ONE. Both had the same redcine conversion to DPX LOG, but one of then have the highlights cliped when aplying the same LUT (created with KDM). What could it be? is there a setting in the camera that could creat that problem? in my uderstanding the RED ONE records RAW files and the setting are only for visualitation. Also the metadata doesn´t show any difference.
Any ideas?

luis ignacio barrague
02-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi everybody!
I´m working on this new movie with RED ONE.
The workflow is RED ONE -> REDCINE (REDSPACE/REDLOG) EXPORT TO DPX SEQUENCE -> Smoke discreet for cromakey
The problem is that when i use the DPX files on smoke for the cromakey the background and the foreground react very different to the same LUT. The 2 scenes where recorded in diferent days with the same RED ONE. Both had the same redcine conversion to DPX LOG, but one of then have the highlights cliped when aplying the same LUT (created with KDM). What could it be? is there a setting in the camera that could creat that problem? in my uderstanding the RED ONE records RAW files and the setting are only for visualitation. Also the metadata doesn´t show any difference.
Any ideas?

The solution it is in redcine. Just needed to change ISO from 320 to 100 for the clipped scenes. With that they got all very similar.
I think it was at the recording studio, the setup light was to high for the scene.