PDA

View Full Version : edl, export and dissolves

Adrian Hernandez
02-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi there

i'm about to process an output from r3d material into dpx files, then exporting an EDL (for color grading in i.e.: Lustre). I think the best way to do that is rendering at the Filename Specs with the Separate Folders active and the Input File Name active so the dpx will be render at separate folders. There's one detail: the timeline has dissolve between some clips...so:

what's the best way for rendering this?

- export edl with ALL the events (including the dissolve transitions)? and then,
- take off all the dissolve transitions and then render?
- how can i be sure that the edl + dpx folders will be loaded ok in the cg soft?

thanks for your help.

finaldesign
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
i want to know ... also

Lucas Wilson
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi there

i'm about to process an output from r3d material into dpx files, then exporting an EDL (for color grading in i.e.: Lustre). I think the best way to do that is rendering at the Filename Specs with the Separate Folders active and the Input File Name active so the dpx will be render at separate folders. There's one detail: the timeline has dissolve between some clips...so:

what's the best way for rendering this?

- export edl with ALL the events (including the dissolve transitions)? and then,
- take off all the dissolve transitions and then render?
- how can i be sure that the edl + dpx folders will be loaded ok in the cg soft?

thanks for your help.

Hi Adrian,

We have a how-to that we specifically wrote for our users that are using SCRATCH to create renders that will finish on other systems. Please log onto the support site, and go to the Knowledge Base. You will see it as one of the PDFs listed there!

It covers all three of your questions above in great detail!

Best,

Lucas
-----
ASSIMILATE, inc.
LA, CA, USA