PDA

View Full Version : color edl several HD's

Brian D. Goff
02-20-2009, 05:07 AM
When importing an EDL into color, I can only select one path for the footage. I have the footage on several HD's - alias in one folder didn't work - any other way to get color to see all HD's at once for relinking footage?

Thanks

Brandon Kraemer
02-20-2009, 08:07 AM
If you can send your footage to Color from a FCP timeline (file>send to> color) and that footage is in multiple places it should all come into the color project. Try importing your EDL into FCP and round trip that way.

Nick Shaw
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Using the 'send to Color' approach you will get the notorious 'loop bug', if your edits span R3D files, but you can fix that with the method described here (http://www.reduser.net/forum/showpost.php?p=375031&postcount=1). It's a manual fix for now, but there will be an automated Clipfinder solution in future.

Brandon Kraemer
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
To clarify, I was speaking of sending transcoded clips off the timeline, not proxies. i.e. the Crimson workflow method.

Brian D. Goff
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
To clarify, I was speaking of sending transcoded clips off the timeline, not proxies. i.e. the Crimson workflow method.

Thanks

But I was supprised and happy to see color directly import my edl (avid) direktly without any hassels - but I can only select on HD (and I have 4:(

Brandon Kraemer
02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks

But I was supprised and happy to see color directly import my edl (avid) direktly without any hassels - but I can only select on HD (and I have 4:(

One more thought... you could export an AAF from Avid, import that with Auto Duck Pro Import FCP, easily re-link your files and then send to color.

Otherwise I guess you have to move your files to one HD or manually reconnect your clips one at a time with in Color, which should allow you to target files on multiple directories, but tedious since that function seems to be hit and miss sometimes.

Best,

Brandon.

Nick Shaw
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
One more thought... you could export an AAF from Avid, import that with Auto Duck Pro Import FCP, easily re-link your files and then send to color.

That's exactly what I've been doing today, and it all worked very smoothly - with a little help from Clipfinder.

Brian D. Goff
02-21-2009, 03:20 AM
That's exactly what I've been doing today, and it all worked very smoothly - with a little help from Clipfinder.

Getting color to use all volumes is simple - stupid me:) Just add as the path "/Volumes" - that's it, color will search all volumes connected to the computer. But this has the drawback, that if you have footage from a other project, color might relink the wrong files.