PDA

View Full Version : Premiere native 4K playback?

Matthew Belbin
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck viewing native R3D at 4k in premiere. If so, what is your configuration (Mac or PC)? I have only been able to attain 2K playback (in draft quality) on a 8 core MacPro with 8 GB of RAM.

Lewis-M Soucy
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
If Premiere is like FCP on that specific thing, you can't view native R3D 4K. FCP doesn't handle 4K R3D, so my guess is Premiere either... It's waaay too big to edit... The highest rez is you can edit with is 2K and you need a good machine...

Matthew Belbin
03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm using CS4, with the RED ADOBE CS4 INSTALLER which allows me to read R3D 4K natively in Premiere but playback is my issue, it's very steppy. I'm curious if anyone has had any luck on a faster machine or on the 64 bit PC side?

Andrew M.
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Did you try to use CineForm Prospect?
http://www.cineform.com/products/Prospect.htm

Kwan Khan
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
How about, CS4 with new Mac pro (i7) for playback issues?
Has anyone tried yet?

M Forrest
03-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck viewing native R3D at 4k in premiere. If so, what is your configuration (Mac or PC)? I have only been able to attain 2K playback (in draft quality) on a 8 core MacPro with 8 GB of RAM.
I'd be surprised if any of the current systems could playback 4K red on the fly. I'm not aware of any that can. And it looks like Cineform needs to be in their specific .avi format to playback 4K. Much like other vendors solutions.
But the reason I love these forums so much, is someone will probably find a way and prove me wrong:)