PDA

View Full Version : HD-SDI output ?

Harcharan Singh
03-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi,
In the supported IO card Assimilate lists AJA Kona and Bluefish444 Lust card and graphics card of Nvidia 4500 to 5600 card with HD-SDI daughter board.I have the following questions :

1. Can I get a output to my grading monitor through HD-SDI output of AJA Kona or Bluefish444 card or I will get HD-SDI output to my grading monitor only thru Nvidia Card?

2. If HD-SDI preview is only thru Nvidia Card HD-SDI board then what is the function of the IO cards of AJA etc?

3. If I connect HPDreamcolor monitor with the 2nd DVI output of Nvidia card can I use it as a grading monitor?This way I do not have to purchase the HD-SDI card for Nvidia.

4. Is the Nvidia CX card supported on Scratch?

5. Can someone explain the setup for Scratch with AJA IO card and Nvidia Graphics card without SDI card.

Thks
Harcharan

Barend Onneweer
03-20-2009, 08:20 AM
The AJA or Bluefish cards don't actually do much in Scratch. You can use them for ingest I think.

Output is on the GPU, either HD-SDI or Displayport. You can connect a Dreamcolor with 10-bit Displayports on certain graphics cards. That way you get 10-bit monitoring without HD-SDI.

Bar3nd

Harcharan Singh
03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi,
Which graphics cards are recommended for 10bit monitoring on HP dreamcolor?
Thks

Barend Onneweer
03-20-2009, 08:35 AM
The Quadro 4800 and 5800, and Lucas has stated Assimilate also supports the Quadro CX.

Michael Thornton
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Lucas has stated Assimilate also supports the Quadro CX.

It's not official as active support on the Assem... website.

Tek

Harcharan Singh
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi,
I am planning a grading setup as follows :

Assimilate Scratch with Nvidea 5800 or 4800.
Monitor calbration by Cinespace .
Monitoring and grading thru Display port to HP dreamcolor.
2nd DVI out to a 1080p projector.

Now I am wondering how to get the scopes and wavform signal to Scopebox or BMD Ultrasope.
Will I get an any downconverted signal as utput from HP dreamcolor which I can use as an input to Scopebox or Ultrascope?
Thks
Harcharan

Barend Onneweer
04-24-2009, 11:42 AM
What I'm wondering is whether the 4800 and 5800 support HDMI through the DisplayPort output (using a simple adapter). A lot of DisplayPort cards do this.

If it's possible to output 10-bit HDMI from the card you could split the HDMI, send a signla to the Dreamcolor and and convert the other to HD-SDI (using an AJA HDMI to HD-SDI converter - the new ones are 10-bit compliant I hear).

Now you can send the HD-SDI into the Ultrascope (Ultrascope is HD-SDI only).

But whether signal integrity is acceptable I have no idea.

Barend

Barend Onneweer
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh - the advantage of splitting an HDMI feed for monitoring is that you could also send it out to the projector. Scratch uses one output for the user interface and one for monitoring. So I'm not sure what you'd be sending to your monitor?

Bar3nd