PDA

View Full Version : Crimson scale and offset

Geoff Bailey
03-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I posted this over on Ian's site, but thought maybe someone over here could help:

I'm exporting a sequence from Final Cut. It has several clips that have been scaled up and recentered.

I was under the impression that Crimson could transfer that info over to Redcine. But when I bring the xml into Crimson, all the clips show up in the "Frame" menu as 100% scale. And when they come into Redcine they all come in at 4K. I can size them down (master at 1080p), but then I have to do the scaled clips manually.

Am I missing something? FCP 6.0.2, Crimson 0.9.4, Redcine 3.1.2

Thanks.

Uli Plank
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Crimson just transfers which clips or which part of them you used, no effects or geometry changes. You need to go the FCS route to achieve that.

I Bloom
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
No way to get that information into Redcine. So current version of Crimson skips it.

Stay tuned however.

Ido Karilla
03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
What is the current situation with dissolves and speeds, do I need to remove them perior to the creation of the xml for crimson, or can crimson account for them and give the full needed shot in redcine?

I Bloom
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Yes,

Crimson is good with crossfades and knows the proper in/out points for rendered footage.

Ian

Ido Karilla
03-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes,

Crimson is good with crossfades and knows the proper in/out points for rendered footage.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

what about speed changes?

I Bloom
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks Ian,

what about speed changes?

Speed changes are another issue as the in and out points are referencing a rendered file. The only solution right now is to leave speed changes until after you conform or render complete takes of every file.