PDA

View Full Version : Underwater housing for RED ONE in Sydney

CoralSeaTV
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi all,

Apologies for this self promotion but I am very excited that after about 8 months of design and construction I have a underwater housing for the RED ONE camera, based in Sydney.

The custom built aluminium housing has interchangeable dome and flat ports and has a top mounted Panasonic 8 HD monitor. It works with most PL mount lenses including the RED 18-50mm and most Arri primes.

On the safety side, the housing has a pressure testing function to be carried out before each dive as well as 3 separate leak alarms. It should be good to 50m. It weighs 34kg with the RED camera inside and can record to either the RED drive or CF cards. It has a 100m HD-SDI cable for surface monitoring and can also be tripod mounted underwater.

We have a thermometer inside the housing and the temperature inside has been staying cool, usually around 26 degrees, so overheating appears not to be a problem.

The housing is ready to go and some initial footage is at: http://www.coralseatv.com/html/body_red_test.html I will post some more footage soon.

And while I am at it, I have developed a camera splash bag for HD type camcorders like the F900/Varicam/ HPX etc but it will also (just) fit a RED camera using the RED EVF. Here is a link to a YouTube demo movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0-o3CF4l8

For a few more details see my website: www.coralseatv.com otherwise both are available for hire. At the moment the RED housing is only available with me as operator.

I also wanted to mention that many people have generously loaned me their RED's or been very helpful with their knowledge during the long development of this housing. Including, David Farland, Mike Seymour from FXPHD, Pawel Achtel and Zane Kamat. Thanks to you all.

Regards

George Evatt
Coral Sea Television P/L
P.O. Box 3, Paddington
NSW 2021 Australia
Mobile: 0412 777 330
www.coralseatv.com

Pawel Achtel
05-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Congratulations and well done, George! Look forward to do some diving together in the near future.

Dominik Muench
05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
OMG i wish you were on the gold coast, i'd love to take my Lucy for a dive.

Kwan Khan
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Well Done George

CoralSeaTV
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Here's a few pics of the little dear...

david farland
05-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Good pics George.
Thanks for the run thru at Red/UTS night last week.
Also nice how you've got the gearing to be adjustable for different lenses.

Dave