PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bullet Looks

Oliver Peters
05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Here are some ideas from my blog about using Magic Bullet Looks for color grading.

http://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/red-one-and-magic-bullet-looks/

This builds off of Video Resources' older blog post at ShootWithRed entitled One Image, Many Visions.

Cheers,
Oliver

Chris Parker
05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
aweome. i loved it! nice work man.

imported_Jim_Larer
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I have been loving looks builder for months now. I have used it on ex3 footage and red files via proressHQ.

Oliver Peters
05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the response. The one issue I have with MBL (in FCP, at least) is that it really balloons the project file size. I did a 4 min. music video completely with it. Not only did the project get very large, but also a bit unstable. Remember that you are really applying 5-10 filters (depending on the look) with each Look effect applied to a single clip. Stu's a big AE fan, which is why I surmise that MB Looks and Colorista run at their best when the host is AE.

- Oliver

Barry Gregg
05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
MB Looks is great on set. Shoot a jpeg of the scene and launch the stand alone version. Drop on a pre-set, one built ahead of time for the show and the director can see what the scene can look like after a color grade. Every director I've shown it to has loved it.

It can really help pre-vis the lighting as well.