PDA

View Full Version : Vegas crashes when Metadata is adjusted...

Tom Gough
06-05-2009, 04:05 AM
Hi there just wondering whether anyone else is having any problems(crashing) when adjusting the metadata of a r3d clip in Vegas???

Heres what happens:

1. I right click the clip in the media bin and select to open its RAW metatdata and the awesome metadata window opens.
2. I adjust the iso, exposure, WB, etc...
3. I click ok to accept the changes and Vegas shuts down and asks to send an error report!

Any ideas????

System details:

HP XW8600
3Ghz Dual Quad Core Xeon
3GB RAM
XP Professional
G-speed fibre channel
AJA Xena 2k
Vegas Pro 9 30 day demo

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I really would love to get this workflow option working.

Thanks,

Tom

Brian Kaz
06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
This is a known issue they're working on. But as far as I know, you don't lose your changes when it crashes. This also happened to me every now and then in 64bit version, but I notice if I wait a few seconds after making changes, then click OK, I don't have the problem near as bad.

Miguel "Macgregor" De Olaso
06-07-2009, 10:54 AM
It happens to me sometimes too. The trick for me is waiting a bit before you hit Accept. Do everything veeery slowly. If vegas crashes. Usually your settings will be saved, so itīs annoying but not terrible.

donatello b
06-07-2009, 02:15 PM
happened here about 20% of time ...
so i now adjust clips using Vegas CC, 2ndary CC, saturation & color curves and no crashing .. i then save the CC plugin chains with a name and then apply that name to other clips

Miguel "Macgregor" De Olaso
06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Deleted.

Tom Gough
06-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Hi all,

Its great to hear i'm not alone with this problem! (actually its not great but at least i'm not going mad :willy_nilly: )

I had a quick response (very impressive) from Sony Tech support here is what he asked me to try:

"What metadata are you trying to adjust? Please let me know what settings you are attempting to change. One setting that I would suggest checking is the dynamic RAM preview located under options, prefs, video. What do you have this set to? Try setting it to 0 and see if the file still causes Vegas to crash. If it does not, try bumping this up to anywhere between 400-800 MB. Then see if the project crashes.

Sincerely,

Nate P.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Sony Creative Software Inc"

I haven't had a chance to try this but hopefully you might find it useful :)

Thanks,

Tom

J Clark
06-08-2009, 10:12 AM
We have had this crash many times, but the edit takes so long to load that it's a real hassle to work around.

Nicholas Costaras
07-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi..I did find a solution for this. Crappy but no crashes. The bug seems to come to life when you are editing on 2 screens. So here is a non crashing solution.

Firstly save your current window layout to a number (Eg. 0).
Press alt+d and then d again. This sets up a 1 screen colour correction layout. Edit all your metadata without crashing.
Now press alt+d and then 0 (or your layout number) and your back to where you where.

It does suck but at least it won't crash.

Tom Gough
07-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi..I did find a solution for this. Crappy but no crashes. The bug seems to come to life when you are editing on 2 screens. So here is a non crashing solution.

Firstly save your current window layout to a number (Eg. 0).
Press alt+d and then d again. This sets up a 1 screen colour correction layout. Edit all your metadata without crashing.
Now press alt+d and then 0 (or your layout number) and your back to where you where.

It does suck but at least it won't crash.

Thanks for this :beer:

Sylvie808
09-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks for this :beer:
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

Cheers!
Sylivie
simulation credit demande pret personnel en ligne taux rachat (http://pretpersonnelenligne.org)on peut effectuer trs rapidement une simulation et une demande de prt personnel en ligne simulation credit demande pret personnel en ligne taux rachat (http://pretpersonnelenligne.org)