PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Smoke & Lustre

Arjun Kumar
06-29-2009, 03:59 AM
has anyone completed project using only Autodesk Smoke and Lustre.
Now Autodesk Wiretap Central Provides RED .R3d Support to Import Dallies.
Please share your experience from Edit DI and Conform Process using Autodesk.
Also please post best settings for the same like color space..depending on the final output like HD or Film Print.
This may help newbies like me to plan and minimize cost at early stages of post production.

Arjun Kumar
06-29-2009, 04:02 AM
@ Mods , i see no thread specific for Autodesk Smoke and Lustre , as Autodesk supports importing of native RED Raw format, i feel strongly to have one as Autodesk is one of the leading front in Post Production area.
any specific reason..?

jake blackstone
06-29-2009, 04:39 AM
has anyone completed project using only Autodesk Smoke and Lustre.
Now Autodesk Wiretap Central Provides RED .R3d Support to Import Dallies.
Please share your experience from Edit DI and Conform Process using Autodesk.
Also please post best settings for the same like color space..depending on the final output like HD or Film Print.
This may help newbies like me to plan and minimize cost at early stages of post production.

If you planning to buy Lustre and Smoke, just contact Autodesk and they will gladly help you with any questions you may have. As far as color space and gamma settings, just read Autiodesk RED workflow white paper. Everything is there.

Kaku Ito
07-10-2009, 09:57 AM
I saw a demo at Panasonic with Smoke 2010 with the Wiretap Central working.
They showed that a remote laptop working with wiretap central to initiate the conversions in the background (using the desktop with smoke's CPU power) while the operator is editing with Smoke in the foreground. Looked very intuitive. too bad it doesn't seem to support RSX at this time.

RivaiC
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
True...but conversion time is still needed.